Aguila Minishell Ammunition 12 Gauge 1-3/4" 5/8 oz #7-1/2 Shot Box of 20
- Caldwell Orange Peel Target 8" Self-Adhesive Bullseye Package... $15.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Hoppe's Viper BoreSnake Bore Cleaner Shotgun 12 Gauge... $24.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Hoppe's BoreSnake Bore Cleaner Shotgun 20 Gauge... $16.99 Available
- NRA Official Shotgun Patterning Target ST-2 40 Yard Paper... $6.99 Available
- Tipton Snap Cap 12 Gauge Polymer Package of 2... $8.99 Available
- Tipton Choke Tube and Cleaning Accessory Case Polymer Smoke... $3.99 Available
- PAST Field Recoil Pad Shield Ambidextrous... $24.99 Available
- Prvi Partizan Ammunition 30 Carbine 110 Grain Round Nose Soft... $23.49 Available
- Prvi Partizan Ammunition 10mm Auto 180 Grain Jacketed Hollow... $21.49 Available
- Remington Premier Nitro 27 Gold Handicap Ammunition 12 Gauge... $9.69 - $95.99 Select Options
- Winchester Military Grade Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4" Buffered... $5.99 - $244.99 Select Options
- Sellier & Bellot Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4" #1 Buckshot 12... $5.99 - $13.99 Select Options
- Carlson's Universal Hammer Spur Extension Aluminum Silver... $9.99 Available
- Carlson's Universal Hammer Spur Extension Aluminum Black... $9.99 Available
- Frankford Arsenal Slip-Top Ammo Box #205 17 Remington, 204... $1.79 Select Options
- Remington Slugger Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4" 1 oz Magnum... $4.44 Available
- CCI Mini-Mag High Velocity Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 36 Grain... $6.99 - $325.99 Select Options
- Ruger BX-25 Magazine Ruger 10/22 22 Long Rifle 25-Round... $24.99 Available
- Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics Ammunition 45 ACP 230 Grain Full... $21.99 Available
You must be 21 years or older to order ammunition. Ammo must ship UPS ground. Due to Department of Transportation regulations, we cannot accept returns on ammo. Please check local laws before ordering.
Notes from Aguila on Shotgun Modifications to use Minishells: First of all, any SAAMI/CIP approved 12ga shotgun may fire minishells, be it side-by-side, over-and-under or pump action; however, the latter type will not cycle them flawlessly. The out-of-the-box shotgun that we have tested cycling minishells very well, is the Winchester M1300 18" Defender. Winchesters 1897 seems to like the shorter rounds, however not as much as the Winchester 1300. We still have to test the Winchester 1887.
MOSSBERGS 500/590s will cycle minishells pretty well once the shooter acquires a "feeling" as to how to pump the action; however, this will not prevent the occasional jam. To further solve the problem, we have lengthened and widened the little short metal bar (shell elevator), which catches the round to be subsequently fed to the ramp and chamber. This modification will not prevent you from firing regular size shot shells. The other modification that would decisively help in the proper cycling, would be to install the ejector in a more forward position to catch the spent shorter shell and eject it, before it may flip and cause jams. However, we DO NOT recommend you to do this, because you will most likely no longer be able to fire regular size shells.
Any competent gunsmith should be able to perform the modification to the elevator described above.
REMINGTONS 870s seem to require a more involved modification, which we have never attempted. We have received calls from clients stating that they have tried our minishells in their 870s with excellent results, and that they did not understand why we have always mentioned the potential cycling problems. To this, we would like to state once more that minishells will not cycle flawlessly in regular pump action shotguns, no matter how well some customers are able to cycle them. Again, the Winchester 1300 Defender would seem to be the one cycling minishells best.
We do not know of any semi-automatic shotguns functioning with minishells.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.