Hi-Country Jerky Seasoning
- Team Realtree Quart Size Vacuum Packaging Bags (8" x 12") Pack... $22.99 Available
- Team Realtree Gallon Size Vacuum Packaging Bags (11" x 16")... $37.99 Available
- FoodSaver Gamesaver 8" Vacuum Packaging Bags 20' Roll Pack of... $18.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Team Realtree Vacuum Packaging Bags Variety Pack of 50... $18.99 Available
- FoodSaver Gamesaver 11" Vacuum Packaging Bags 16' Roll Pack of... $18.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Barnes VOR-TX Ammunition 30-06 Springfield 150 Grain Tipped... $42.99 Available
- MTM Flip-Top Shotshell Box 12 Gauge 2-3/4", 3" 10-Round... $4.89 Available
- MTM Flip-Top Belt-Style Shotshell Box 12 Gauge 2-3/4", 3"... $4.29 Available
- Lee Load-All 2 Shotshell Press 12 Gauge 2-3/4", 3"... $51.99 Available
- Allen Shooter's Divided Shotgun Shell Pouch with Adjustable... $20.99 Available
- RCBS Pow'r Pull Impact Bullet Puller Kit... $20.99 Available
- Wildgame Innovations Bone-D-Monium Deer Supplement Granular 7... $12.13 Available
- "Traveler's Guide to the Firearm Laws of the Fifty States"... $11.99 Available
- LEM Natural Hog Sausage Casing 8 oz Bag... $7.99 Available
Each 14.23 oz. box contains all the seasoning and cure necessary to season up to 16 lbs. of meat (Teriyaki and Bar-B-Que season up to 12 lbs. of meat), including wild game, pork, beef, poultry, waterfowl and game bird. Hi-Country's jerky spices are a dry cure. Any added moisture will evaporate and lengthen the drying process.
The separate cure packet allows the option to omit the cure without compromising the quality of the finished product. The cure packets contain sodium nitrite and salt. When mixed with meat it prevents most forms of spoilage for a limited amount of time. Sodium Nitrite is a color affixer used to obtain a uniform reddish-pink color in the meat. The cure packet must not be consumed by itself and should be kept out of the reach of children. Dispose of unused cure by rinsing contents down the drain.
The step-by-step processing instructions, with full color pictures, show how to make whole muscle and ground & formed jerky, along with cook and dry instructions for home smoker, oven and dehydrators. Instructions also offer a special Tips & Tricks section, along with safe food handling information. Also included are conversion charts for making smaller sized batches.
Unopened seasonings will stay fresh 3 to 5 years. Once opened, they will stay fresh 1 to 2 years. We recommend storing your opened spice in an airtight container and keep in a cool, dry place.