Evolved Habitats Deer Cane Deer Attractant
Evolved Habitats Deer Cane is a beneficial mineral supplement that attracts deer by releasing a mineral vapor trail. After initial application, moisture will cause these minerals to keep reacting and attracting deer. Bucks seeking minerals for overall health and rack development will be drawn to the site to lick, paw, mark and consume the minerals.
Bucks will want to protect the Deer Cane site by rubbing, scraping and rolling in the mineral site to mark it as their own. The buck’s action will naturally lead to the attraction of more deer. Over time, a large deer wallow will be created as many deer develop the habit of frequenting the site to consume the beneficial minerals.Note:
Where & When:
The key is to put out Deer Cane immediately and keep it active to begin patterning deer to your supplement sites. Start now and within weeks you’ll discover Deer Cane drives deer crazy to consume minerals from your sites. Deer Cane works all year, although deer actually consume different amounts of minerals during each season of the year. By instinct deer pattern themselves all year around mineral sources that they can depend on to supply them with the minerals that they need during each season. Deer Cane works like no other product to bring deer into new mineral sites all year long as deer seek out the source of an odor they instinctively need. See the “Mineral Site-Activity Chart” below to know what to expect each season.
- Once deer have begun actively consuming the minerals you can reapply but not sooner than 30 days after first application. Normally, you would not need to reapply for at least 60 days. If over applications are made to the site, deer will stop using the site until some of the minerals leach out of the site.
Mineral Site-Activity Chart
- Early Spring - Heavy consumption of minerals by does carrying fawns, and bucks building up mineral reserves needed in new antler growth after their antler drop.
- Spring - Heavy consumption of minerals by lactating does, and by bucks using up mineral reserves growing new racks.
- Summer - Consumption of minerals by both does and bucks to aid them in many areas including digestion & antler development.
- Fall - Consumption continues into the fall as deer begin to prepare for cold weather.
- Winter - Consumption continues throughout the winter period. However, during the rut... doe consumption will increase & buck consumption decreases. Mineral sites are often used by rutting bucks as a scrape and are heavily marked as they look for the does that have frequented their site.
Picking the right location to establish your Deer Cane site is very important to site success. Deer instinctively want to conceal themselves from predators, therefore we recommend selecting a shaded area on the edge of a deer crossing where deer normally conceal themselves. We also recommend choosing a site at least 10’ off normally active deer trails.
Reasons for not making supplement sites directly on active deer trails:
- You may put wary bucks on notice that something has changed and risk spooking your buck.
- Deer Cane sites will grow over time into a large wallow up to 10’ in diameter destroying the trail.
- The more concealed a site is... the more comfortable the deer will be, so that they will stay longer at the site consuming the minerals.
Deer Cane works well in a wide range of soil types; but, keep in mind that heavier clay type soils will hold the minerals for a longer period of time; whereas, the sandier soils tend to lose the minerals a little sooner. If you are in a sandy soil area, we recommend using our Deer Cane Time-Release Block to keep the minerals available for a longer period of time. When establishing your mineral site, also consider that acidic soil sites have proven to have heavier deer activity than alkaline soil sites.
Thank you! Your valuable feedback helps improve our product information and offering.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.
Rainier LeadSafe Bullets 45 Caliber (451 Diameter) 200 Grain...
$15.49 - $123.99
Rainier LeadSafe Bullets 9mm (355 Diameter) 124 Grain Plated...
$12.99 - $97.99
Rainier LeadSafe Bullets 38 Caliber (357 Diameter) 125 Grain...
$12.49 - $98.99
Butler Creek Cobra Sling 36" x 1" Padded Tan
$22.99 - $27.99
Hoppe's BoreSnake Rifle Bore Cleaner
Bianchi 5BHL Thumbsnap Holster S&W N-Frame 5" Barrel Suede...
$68.00List Price: $85.00 Save up to $17.00 (20%)
Nosler Trophy Grade Ammunition 264 Winchester Magnum 130 Grain...
Uncle Mike's Quick Detachable Super Sling Swivel Set
$8.99 - $9.99
Primos Bullet Proof Cam HD Infrared Game Camera 6 Megapixel OD...
$69.99List Price: $86.95 Save $16.96 (20%)
- Burris 1" Zee Weaver-Style Rings View More Options
Remington Gun Club Target Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4" 1-1/8 oz...
Sale$6.49 - $63.99Save up to $9.00 (12%)
Ballistol Sportsman's Multi-Purpose Oil 16 oz Liquid
Wildgame Innovations Acorn Rage Deer Supplement
$4.59 - $14.79
Biologic BioRock Deer Supplement Nuggets 8 lb
Wildgame Innovations Acorn Rage Feeder Fat Deer Attractant Bag...
Wildgame Innovations Bucker Up Ripe-n-Apple Deer Attractant...
Evolved Habitats Deer Cane Black Magic Deer Supplement
$8.49 - $8.99
Wildgame Innovations Sugar Beet Crush Deer Attractant
$4.99 - $12.49