Trophies don’t grow overnight; it takes seasons of consistent, high quality nutrition to produce those big bucks. Exactly the thinking behind Premium Perennial. This is a highly palatable blend of perennial and annual forages, designed to maximize antler growth and weight gain throughout the growing season, year after year. Extensive research in New Zealand and North America has produced perennials that are extremely palatable and drought-resistant, providing highly digestible protein and minerals during the critical antler and fawn development periods in spring and summer. The annuals — large-leafed brassicas — are a delicious source of protein in advance of the winter stress period. Together, these cultivars yield extremely high tonnage of quality food per acre while addressing the herd’s nutritional needs throughout the entire season. To maintain optimum effectiveness beyond the first year, broadcast BioLogic™ Maximum’s brassica varieties directly onto the existing perennial crop in the early fall portion of the second growing season. With proper fertilization and care, a Premium Perennial food plot will last four to five years, delivering 30% crude protein, over 80% total digestible nutrients and 100% satisfaction with the size of your bucks.
- Seed Content: A blend of New Zealand red and white clovers, chicory cultivars and the most nutritious and palatable brassica cultivars.
- Canadian Planting Zone: N/A
- North Planting Zone: Spring, Late Summer
- Transitional Planting Zone: Spring, Late Summer
- South Planting Zone: Late Summer, Fall
- Seeding Rate: 9 lbs per acre
- Planting Depth: 1/4" or less
- Fertilizer Recommendations: 350 lbs 10-20-20 per acre. For established perennials use a product with little or no nitrogen like a 0-20-20 at 300 to 400 lbs per acre.