Osprey Defense OPS-418 Gas Piston Retrofit Conversion Kit with Fail Zero Nickel Boron Finish AR-15 Standard Barrel Diameter Mid Length
The Osprey Defense OPS-416 Gas Piston Retrofit Conversion Kit with Fail Zero Nickel Boron Finish are identical to the standard Osprey Defense conversions except that the piston chamber, piston, operation rod and solid 1 piece bolt carrier all coated with the Fail Zero EXO Nickel Boron finish.
According to the manufacturer, this finish provides a permanently lubricious surface, harder than the substrate itself, which eliminates the need for grease, oil, or any wet lubrication for the life of the weapon. Unlike films, conventional coatings and applied lubricants, it will never rub off, never flake off, never build up crud. EXO Technology eliminates wet-lubrication failures of critical components, giving you an "active weapon advantage" under all conditions and proven in DoD testing.
- Available for carbine and mid length gas systems
- For barrel diameters no greater than .875"
- Compatible with the following calibers: 223 Rem/5.56x45mm NATO, 5.45x39mm Russian, 7.62x39mm Russian, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8mm Rem SPC
- Suppressor and full-auto compatible
- Nickel Boron Coated Solid Billet Bolt Carrier
- Nickel Boron Coated Piston
- Nickel Boron Coated Piston Chamber
- Nickel Boron Coated Operating Rod
- High Heat Handguard
Note: Kit comes with carrier only. Bolt not included
- The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order. Shipping Weight: 1.800 Pounds
- Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges. Ships Alone: No
- Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground. DOT-Regulated: No
- Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods. Carrier Restrictions: No
- Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers. HazMat Product: No
Thank you! Your valuable feedback helps improve our product information and offering.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.