Daniel Defense M4 RIS II Free Float Tube Handguard Quad Rail AR-15 Rifle Length Aluminum
- Vltor BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 Medium Charging Handle Assembly... Add to Cart for Price
- DPMS Multi-Tool AR-15 Steel... $33.49 Available
- Daniel Defense Low Profile Picatinny Rail Cover 6-1/2" Polymer... $26.00 Select Options
- Daniel Defense Bolt-Up System Barrel Nut Wrench for Lite Rail,... $11.00 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Magpul PMAG M2 MOE Magazine AR-15 223 Remington 30-Round... $12.30 - $13.25 Select Options
- DPMS Steel Barrel Nut AR-15 Matte... $7.69 Available
- Wisdom 1/2" Torque Wrench 150 ft lb... $43.99 Available
- Noveske Receiver End Plate with Quick Detach Sling Swivel... $23.76 Available
- Loctite Anti-Seize Grease Silver 20 gm Stick... $6.69 Available
- Sadlak Low Profile Extended Nose Gas Block AR-15, LR-308 .750"... $44.99 Available
- Midwest Industries Micro Gas Block AR-15, LR-308 Standard... $37.50 Available
- Daniel Defense Barrel AR-15 Pistol 5.56x45mm NATO M4 Contour... $289.00 Available
- Magpul UBR Single Side Quick Detach Sling Swivel Attachment... $18.95 Available
- Model 1 Armorer's Action Block with Lower Receiver Action... $45.00 Available
- Vltor SASE-2 Enhanced Receiver End Plate Large HK Loop Sling... $18.95 Available
- Magpul ASAP Receiver End Plate Sling Mount Adapter... $28.45 Available
Installation requires the removal of the factory barrel nut and replacing it with Daniel Defense's proprietary hardened steel barrel nut. This requires the use of the included Daniel Defense Barrel Nut Wrench. Six Grade-8 Mil-Spec Fasteners are then used to secure the handguard tube to the upper receiver via a pair of matching aluminum Bolt-Up Plates.
- Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Length: 12.25"
- Width: 2.23"
- Weight: 17.7 oz
- Inside Diameter: 1.15"
- Gas System Compatibility: Carbine & Mid w/Low Pro Gas Block, Rifle Length
- Free Float: Yes
- Attachment Method: Bolt Up System
Ensure the firearm is unloaded and pointed in a safe direction. Remove the upper receiver from the lower. If there is a flash suppressor and/or front sight base, these need to be removed next. Remove the old handguard. Using a standard barrel nut wrench, remove the existing barrel nut. Place the RIS II barrel nut collar plate over the threaded receiver portion from which the factory barrel nut was removed. Thread on the new Daniel Defense RIS II barrel nut. Tighten the barrel nut down securely, making sure that the gas tube is aligned and inserted into the upper receiver. Next slide on and properly align the handguard with the upper receiver rail, and then bolt it to the barrel nut collar plate with the six included Allen head fastener screws.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.