Howell's Old West Conversions Drop-In Conversion Cylinder 44 Caliber Pietta 1858 Remington Steel Frame Black Powder Revolver 45 Colt (Long Colt) 6-Round Blue
- HKS Revolver Speedloader Colt Anaconda, Dan Wesson, Ruger... $6.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Hyskore Modular 3-Gun Pistol Rack... $10.99 Available
- MidwayUSA Tactical Pistol Case... $9.99 Select Options
- RCBS Collet Bullet Puller... $17.99 Available
- Williams 5D-336 Receiver Peep Sight Top Receiver Mount for New... $30.99 Available
- Coghlan's Two Step Drinking Water Purification Kit... $8.99 Available
- Black Hills Cowboy Action Ammunition 44 Colt 230 Grain Lead... $38.34 Available
- Wilson Combat Silicone Impregnated Gun Cleaning Cloth... $3.99 Available
- Redding T-7 Turret Press Turret with Bushings... $68.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Frankford Arsenal Flip-Top Ammo Box #506 480 Ruger, 50 Action... $2.99 Select Options
- National Target Practice IDPA Target Paper Package of 100... $28.99 Available
- Ranch Full Moon Clip 45 ACP 6-Round Blue Package of 8... $7.99 Available
The conversion cylinder has a plate at the rear of the cylinder body that contains the firing pins. The plate is removed by lifting it off the cylinder body. There is an indexing pin in the body so that the firing pins align properly with the chambers in the cylinder. Removing the plate allows access to the chambers in the cylinder body. Load the chambers with the specified caliber of ammunition. Replace the plate. Remove the original cylinder from the blackpowder handgun and replace that cylinder with the conversion cylinder. After firing, the conversion cylinder must be removed and the plate lifted off so that the empty brass can be removed with a rod or other suitable object (not included with the cylinder).
Note: This conversion cylinder is for BLACK POWDER cartridges or black powder equivalent cartridges (also called Cowboy Ammunition) with lead bullets on a steel frame revolver ONLY. Attempting to use modern ammunition and/or installation on a brass frame will create a dangerous condition that can result in injury or death. Dry firing with the conversion installed will damage the firing pins.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.