VooDoo Innovations Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Ultra-Lightweight Contour Carbine Gas Port 1 in 7" Twist 16" Chrome Moly Black Melonite Finish
- Daniel Defense Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Lightweight Contour... $289.00 Select Options
- VooDoo Innovations Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO... $246.19 Available
- VooDoo Innovations Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO... $244.00 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- DPMS Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Lightweight Contour 1 in 9"... $219.99 Available
- DPMS Forward Assist Assembly Round AR-15, LR-308 Matte... $12.29 Available
- DPMS Ejection Port Cover Assembly AR-15 Matte... $6.19 Available
- Archangel Magazine Nomad Ruger 10/22 22 Long Rifle Polymer... $19.99 - $20.99 Select Options
- DoubleStar Low Profile Gas Block AR-15, LR-308 Lightweight... $33.99 Available
- ALG Defense Combat Trigger AR-15, LR-308 Small Pin .154"... $65.00 Available
- DPMS Flash Hider 3 Prong 1/2"-28 Thread AR-15 Matte... $8.19 Available
- AO Precision Bolt Assembly AR-15 223 Remington Matte... $45.99 Available
- DPMS Bolt Gas Ring AR-15... $2.49 Available
- DPMS Firing Pin AR-15 Stainless Steel... $6.09 Available
- Syrac Ordnance Click-Adjustable Gas Block AR-15, LR-308 Light... $99.00 Available
- Yankee Hill Machine Upper Receiver Stripped AR-15 A3 Flat-Top... $99.00 Available
- Hornady Critical Duty Ammunition 9mm Luger +P 135 Grain... $20.69 Available
This 16" AR-15 barrel is constructed from Mil-Spec 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, and has been finished inside and out with Voodoo Barrels' proprietary QPQ Melonite treatment that bonds with the metal on a molecular level. Also referred to as salt bath nitriding, this treatment produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, extending a barrel's service life by reducing the friction produced inside the bore upon firing for a net decrease in bore surface wear over time. Nitriding converts the barrel steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore. The end result is a barrel that's capable of producing accuracy on par with a match stainless steel tube, while also exhibiting the longevity and resilience of a chrome lined, mil-spec barrel.
- Length: 16"
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- Contour: Ultra-Lightweight
- Chamber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- Twist Rate: 1 in 7"
- Chrome Lined: No
- Finish: QPQ Melonite / Black Nitride
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Gas Port Location: Carbine Length
- Exterior Diameter at Gas Port: 0.625"
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.