Hi-Country Jerky Seasoning
- Team Realtree Gallon Size Vacuum Packaging Bags (11" x 16")... $37.99 Available
- FoodSaver Gamesaver 8" Vacuum Packaging Bags 20' Roll Pack of... $18.99 Available
- FoodSaver Gamesaver 11" Vacuum Packaging Bags 16' Roll Pack of... $18.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Team Realtree Quart Size Vacuum Packaging Bags (8" x 12") Pack... $22.99 Available
- Team Realtree Vacuum Packaging Bags Variety Pack of 50... $18.99 Available
- NRA Official Pistol Target B-3 50' Timed and Rapid Fire Paper... $8.99 Available
- Frankford Arsenal Flip-Top Ammo Box #509 22-250 Remington, 243... $2.25 - $2.99 Select Options
- Hi-Country Meat Marinade 4 oz... $2.74 Select Options
- Hi-Country J Johnson's Original Recipe Fish Brine Mix 14.13 oz... $4.67 Available
- Nosler Custom Ammunition 264 Winchester Magnum 100 Grain... $66.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Hoppe's Gun Cleaning Brush Double Ended Bronze... $2.99 Available
- Nosler Ballistic Tip Varmint Bullets 243 Caliber, 6mm (243... $15.49 - $23.99 Select Options
- Hi-Country Sausage Seasoning... $8.99 - $12.02 Select Options
- Springfield Armory XD Pistol Decal... $4.99 Available
- Springfield Armory Bring Enough Gun Decal... $3.99 Available
- Remington Premier STS Target Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4" 1-1/8... $9.49 - $93.99 Select Options
- Barnes CR-10 Copper Bore Cleaning Solvent 2 oz Liquid... $2.89 Available
Each 14.23 oz. box contains all the seasoning and cure necessary to season up to 16 lbs. of meat (Teriyaki and Bar-B-Que season up to 12 lbs. of meat), including wild game, pork, beef, poultry, waterfowl and game bird. Hi-Country's jerky spices are a dry cure. Any added moisture will evaporate and lengthen the drying process.
The separate cure packet allows the option to omit the cure without compromising the quality of the finished product. The cure packets contain sodium nitrite and salt. When mixed with meat it prevents most forms of spoilage for a limited amount of time. Sodium Nitrite is a color affixer used to obtain a uniform reddish-pink color in the meat. The cure packet must not be consumed by itself and should be kept out of the reach of children. Dispose of unused cure by rinsing contents down the drain.
The step-by-step processing instructions, with full color pictures, show how to make whole muscle and ground & formed jerky, along with cook and dry instructions for home smoker, oven and dehydrators. Instructions also offer a special Tips & Tricks section, along with safe food handling information. Also included are conversion charts for making smaller sized batches.
Unopened seasonings will stay fresh 3 to 5 years. Once opened, they will stay fresh 1 to 2 years. We recommend storing your opened spice in an airtight container and keep in a cool, dry place.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.