Hi-Country Jerky Seasoning
- Team Realtree Quart Size Vacuum Packaging Bags (8" x 12") Pack... $22.99 Available
- FoodSaver Gamesaver 8" Vacuum Packaging Bags 20' Roll Pack of... $18.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Team Realtree Gallon Size Vacuum Packaging Bags (11" x 16")... $37.99 Available
- Team Realtree Vacuum Packaging Bags Variety Pack of 50... $18.99 Available
- FoodSaver Gamesaver 11" Vacuum Packaging Bags 16' Roll Pack of... $18.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- LEM 7-1/2" Electric Meat Slicer Stainless Steel... $99.99 Available
- Caldwell Orange Peel Target 8" Self-Adhesive Bullseye Package... $16.49 Available
- LEM 5-Tray Dehydrator with Digital Timer Aluminum and Polymer... $146.99 Available
- Bianchi 4584 Evader Belt Holster Right Hand Sig Sauer P2022... $25.49 Available
- Smith's Adjustable Angle Knife Sharpener... $24.99 Available
- NRA Official Silhouette Target B-29 50-Foot Paper Package of... $10.29 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Browning Grip Medallion Browning Buck Mark Pistol, BDA 380... $2.99 Available
- Mr. Heater Vent-Free Blue Flame Wall-Mount Heater... $112.53 Available
- Knight & Hale Pack Rack Magnum Rattling System Deer Call... $13.75 Available
- Allen Sportsman's Scale 440 lb Capacity... $13.55 Available
- Hunter's Specialties Butt Out 2 Big Game Dressing Tool Polymer... $6.26 Available
- Remington Latigo Dog Collar 1" Leather... $13.99 Select Options
Each 14.23 oz. box contains all the seasoning and cure necessary to season up to 16 lbs. of meat (Teriyaki and Bar-B-Que season up to 12 lbs. of meat), including wild game, pork, beef, poultry, waterfowl and game bird. Hi-Country's jerky spices are a dry cure. Any added moisture will evaporate and lengthen the drying process.
The separate cure packet allows the option to omit the cure without compromising the quality of the finished product. The cure packets contain sodium nitrite and salt. When mixed with meat it prevents most forms of spoilage for a limited amount of time. Sodium Nitrite is a color affixer used to obtain a uniform reddish-pink color in the meat. The cure packet must not be consumed by itself and should be kept out of the reach of children. Dispose of unused cure by rinsing contents down the drain.
The step-by-step processing instructions, with full color pictures, show how to make whole muscle and ground & formed jerky, along with cook and dry instructions for home smoker, oven and dehydrators. Instructions also offer a special Tips & Tricks section, along with safe food handling information. Also included are conversion charts for making smaller sized batches.
Unopened seasonings will stay fresh 3 to 5 years. Once opened, they will stay fresh 1 to 2 years. We recommend storing your opened spice in an airtight container and keep in a cool, dry place.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.