Perma-Gel Ballistic Gel Mix
Technical Information: Perma-Gel Ballistic Gel
This product is the mix used to create one large test block of 17.5" x 11.5" x 5"
Perma-Gel (from the manufacturer):
Perma-Gel is a synthetic, clear, non-toxic "soft tissue" medium for the testing and comparison of different types of projectiles and loads, which is conveniently recyclable by a simple melting process. In developing this product, Perma-Gel has kept two main objectives in mind:
- To provide hunters, shooters, hand loaders and ballisticians with a room-temperature ballistic medium that closely simulates cold (4° C) 10% ordnance gelatin without its inherent decomposition problems.
- To provide the user with the ability to re-melt/reuse the medium by simply using a 110-volt appliance (available as part of a kit).
In limited testing, Perma-Gel has found that trajectory, deformation and permanent wound cavities created by expanding, high-velocity (i.e., above about 1600 fps) bullets are very similar to those created in gelatin.
Using Perma-Gel to evaluate low-velocity (i.e., less than 1600 fps) bullets will show somewhat lesser degrees of bullet expansion than in gelatin, and studying non-expanding ("Full Metal Jacket") bullets will show greater penetration. lthough "temporary" cavities are not normally studied by individual shooters, the professional ballistician will find that high-speed photography will record remarkable views of temporary cavities, owing to the superior clarity of Perma-Gel.
- Barnes VOR-TX Ammunition 280 Remington 140 Grain Tipped... $32.85 Available
- Coleman Stratus Fleece 50 Degree Sleeping Bag 33" x 75"... $16.99 Available
- Coghlan's Lightstick Assortment Pack of 4... $5.99 Available
- Mountain House Chicken Teriyaki with Rice Freeze Dried Meal 5... $7.29 Available
- Mountain House Hearty Beef Stew Freeze Dried Meal 4.3 oz... $6.99 Available
- Timney Trigger Pull Gage 8 oz to 10 lb... $32.99 Available
- Chip McCormick Power Mag Magazine with Base Pad 1911... $21.99 - $23.99 View More Options