This Kensight Front Night Sight incorporates a self-luminous Trijicon Green Tritium Dot nestled within a High Visibility White Dot and glows brightly in low light conditions to help draw the shooter's eye to the front post far quicker than traditional iron or fiber optic front sights. In order to ensure the strength and integrity of their front sights, Kensight Wire-EDM machines them from 4140 Chrome Moly Steel and then heat treats the completed parts to a hardness of RC 38-40.
This Front Night Sight comes equipped with a 0.115" Wide Blade and a Contoured Base that blends in nicely with most round-top or "carry melted" slide profiles, resulting in a clean looking installation that requires little (if any) filing to accomplish. Compatible with Novak type front sight dovetail cuts (0.330" x 65 Degree x 0.075") as typically found on both customized and factory 1911 pistols.
- Material: 4140 Chrome Moly Steel
- Blade Type: Smooth w/High Visibility Green Tritium Dot (0.076" Dia)
- Blade Width: 0.115"
- Sight Base: Contoured
- Sight Dovetail: Novak, 0.330" (Width) x 65 Degree (Angle) x 0.075" (Depth)
- Gunsmith installation recommended
* Novak type front sight dovetails can vary in Depth between different manufacturers. Depth can be as shallow as 0.060" or as deep as 0.075". Because of these variances, fitting may be required for installation.
Note: Other front sight dovetail cuts and dimensions may exist. The ones listed here are applicable to the sights sold by MidwayUSA.