"Tactical Defensive Training for Real-Life Encounters: Practical Self-Preservation for Law Enforcement" Book by Ralph Mroz
Date of Publication:Nov 2003
Number of Pages:192
From the publisher:
What threatens you? In this follow-up to Defensive Shooting for Real-Life Encounters, noted self-defense expert Ralph Mroz puts the answer to that question in context, highlighting how the hardware components of self-defense (gun, knife and empty-hand skills) are inexorably linked to the critical software (will, skill and awareness) required for self-preservation. In his straightforward, down-to-earth style, Mroz revisits awareness training, including a fresh look at Jeff Cooper?s color codes and Col. John Boyd?s OODA Loop, and then delves into the nuts and bolts of edged weapons and firearms ? emphasizing weapon accessibility, street-realistic techniques that are easy to execute under stress and practical equipment while downplaying convoluted academic theory and fancy moves.
A collection of his articles and columns that have appeared in Combat Handguns, Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement, Tactical Knives and other magazines, this book was compiled with a law-enforcement audience in mind, but the principles, tactics and training methods presented apply to anyone who is serious about practical, realistic self-defense training. 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, softcover, photos, illus., 192 pp.
Ralph Mroz is a police officer in western Massachusetts, currently assigned to his county?s narcotics/gang task force. He has been a student of the martial arts since 1973 and is a well-known defensive tactics and firearms writer, with more than 250 articles published in professional law enforcement and use-of-force journals.
- The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order. Shipping Weight: 0.750 Pounds
- Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges. Ships Alone: No
- Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground. DOT-Regulated: No
- Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods. Carrier Restrictions: No
- Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers. HazMat Product: No
Thank you! Your valuable feedback helps improve our product information and offering.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.