"A Master Gunmaker's Guide to Building Bolt-Action Rifles" Book by Bill Holmes
Publisher: Paladin Press
Date of Publish:September 2003
Number of Pages: 152
From the publisher:
Many people today call themselves gunmakers, but very few have actually made a gun. Most buy parts wherever available and simply assemble them. During the past 50 years Bill Holmes has built from scratch countless rifles, shotguns and pistols of amazing artistry, ranging in caliber from .17 to .50. He has mastered the art of custom-making all the component parts himself and earned the right to call himself a gunmaker. In this book the esteemed gunmaker shows you step-by-step how to make (or modify) a custom bolt-action rifle in an inexpensive small shop. By following the simple instructions and mechanic?s drawings, you will discover how to select the design, materials and tools; manufacture the bolt, trigger, safety and sights; fit, chamber, shape and finish the barrel; ensure that your heat-treating is done properly; design, checker and finish the stock; and everything else you need to know to be able to call yourself a gunmaker. 8 1/2 x 11, softcover, photos, illus., 152 pp. ISBN 1-58160-420-3
Master gunsmith Bill Holmes has been making guns from scratch for more than 50 years. As a result, he has become an expert on most firearms as well as the laws governing their manufacture, modification or possession. He has written eight books for Paladin and been featured in two videos.
Shipping Weight: 1.000 PoundsXThe total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
Ships Alone: NoXProduct ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
DOT-Regulated: NoXProduct is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
Carrier Restrictions: NoXProduct is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
HazMat Product: NoXAdditional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.
- "The Complete Illustrated Guide to Precision Rifle Barrel... $34.99 Available
- Frankford Arsenal Peel and Stick Reloader's Labels... $9.99 Available
- Wheeler Engineering Delta Series Upper Receiver Vise Block... $23.99 Available
- Mossberg Barrel Mossberg 500 20 Gauge 3" 26" Full, Modified,... $189.99 Available
- Schuster Rear Sight Installation Tool AR-15 A2... $25.99 Available
- PTG Firing Pin Protrusion Gage... $35.99 Available
- Wheeler Engineering Delta Series Upper Receiver & Picatinny... $34.99 Available
- "Building a Single-Shot, Falling-Block Rifle Action" Book by... $16.99 Available
- Wheeler Engineering Barrel Vise with 3 Wood Bushings... $69.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Wheeler Engineering Delta Series Front Sight Adjusting Tool... $5.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK