Howell Old West Conversions Conversion Cylinder 44 Caliber Pietta 1858 Remington Steel Frame Black Powder Revolver 45 Colt (Long Colt) 6-Round
- Ultramax Cowboy Action Ammunition 45 Colt (Long Colt) 200... $36.49 - $179.99 Select Options
- CVA Barrel Blaster Black Powder Cleaning System Value Pack... $32.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Pietta 1858 Remington Steel Frame Black Powder Revolver 44... $338.01 Available
- Gun Video "The Dark Side: Cowboy Action Black Powder Shooting"... $14.44 Available
- "Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Arms" Eighth Edition Book by... $22.99 Available
- Magtech Reloading Brass 25 ACP... $17.79 - $148.99 Select Options
- Hornady LEVERevolution Ammunition 45 Colt (Long Colt) 225... $20.99 Available
- Alangator TriMag Triple Magazine Coupler Ruger 10/22 Polymer... $10.99 Available
- Ultramax Cowboy Action Ammunition 45 Colt (Long Colt) 250... $36.49 - $179.99 Select Options
- Lee 2-Cavity Bullet Mold 50-250-REAL 50 Caliber (517 Diameter)... $19.99 Available
- Lee 2-Cavity Bullet Mold (451 Diameter) Round Ball... $19.99 Available
- Butch's Bore Shine Black Powder Bore Cleaning Solvent 8 oz... $8.79 Available
- Lee Deluxe Carbide 4-Die Set 38 Special, 357 Magnum... $41.99 Available
- Lee 2-Cavity Bullet Mold 50-320-REAL 50 Caliber (517 Diameter)... $19.99 Available
- Lee Deluxe Carbide 4-Die Set 45 Colt (Long Colt)... $41.99 Available
- Forster Plug Screws 6-48 x 1/8" Blue Package of 10... $6.19 Available
- Sierra Sports Master Bullets 30 Mauser, 7.62mm Tokarev (308... $21.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
The conversion cylinder has a plate at the rear of the cylinder body that contains the firing pins. The plate is removed by lifting it off the cylinder body. There is an indexing pin in the body so that the firing pins align properly with the chambers in the cylinder. Removing the plate allows access to the chambers in the cylinder body. Load the chambers with the specified caliber of ammunition. Replace the plate. Remove the original cylinder from the blackpowder handgun and replace that cylinder with the conversion cylinder. After firing, the conversion cylinder must be removed and the plate lifted off so that the empty brass can be removed with a rod or other suitable object (not included with the cylinder).
Note: This conversion cylinder is for BLACK POWDER cartridges or black powder equivalent cartridges (also called Cowboy Ammunition) with lead bullets on a steel frame revolver ONLY. Attempting to use modern ammunition and/or installation on a brass frame will create a dangerous condition that can result in injury or death. Dry firing with the conversion installed will damage the firing pins.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.