Vltor A5 Recoil System Carbine Receiver Extension Buffer Tube 7-Position Mil-Spec Diameter AR-15 Aluminum Black
- Vltor BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle Assembly AR-15 Aluminum... $44.95 Select Options
- DPMS Buttstock Lock Ring Nut Wrench AR-15, LR-308 Steel... $25.99 Available
- Vltor A5 Recoil System Spring and Buffer Kit AR-15 Carbine... $56.95 Available
- Vltor EMOD Basic Buttstock Collapsible AR-15, LR-308 Carbine... $119.65 Select Options
- Vltor A5 H2 Standard Weight 5.3 oz Buffer AR-15 Carbine... $42.70 Available
- Vltor A5 H3 Heavy 6.08 oz Buffer AR-15 Carbine... $47.45 Available
- Vltor A5 H4 Heavy 6.83 oz Buffer AR-15 Carbine... $56.95 Available
- DPMS Receiver Extension Buffer Tube Lock Ring AR-15, LR-308... $3.99 Available
- Del-Ton Takedown and Pivot Pin Detent Spring AR-15, LR-308... $1.99 Available
- Del-Ton Takedown and Pivot Pin Detent AR-15, LR-308... $1.99 Available
- DPMS Receiver Extension Buffer Tube End Plate AR-15, LR-308... $3.59 Available
- MagPul Stock CTR Collapsible AR-15 Carbine Synthetic... $75.95 Select Options
- DPMS Forward Assist Roll Pin AR-15, LR-308... $2.49 Available
- Mec-Gar Magazine S&W 5900 Series, 915, 910, 695 9mm Luger... $22.99 - $27.99 Select Options
- DPMS Buffer Retainer AR-15, LR-308... $1.99 Available
- Noveske Pivot and Takedown Pin Set with Noveske Logo... $14.80 Available
- Dewey 1-Piece Cleaning Rod 22 to 26 Caliber 36" Nylon Coated 8... $34.49 Available
- DPMS Buffer Retainer Spring AR-15, LR-308... $1.99 Available
- Del-Ton Extractor Spring Assembly AR-15... $1.99 Available
The Vltor A5 Recoil System was developed at the request of the US Marine Corps as a potential future upgrade to replace the current A2 Fixed Stock used on the M16A4. The new recoil system consists of the Longer A5 Receiver Extension Tube with 7-Positions, a Longer and Specially Weighted A5 Buffer, and a standard Rifle Length Buffer Spring. The A5's enhancements to the AR-15 operating system result in a rifle that exhibits the increased Reliability, Smooth Action Impulse and Performance for which the A2 Fixed Stock Assembly is renowned, while also offering the benefits of Full Adjustability and greater Ergonomics attributed to the M4 Collapsible Stock arrangement. The A5 Recoil System is compatible with both direct gas impingement and piston operated AR-15 platforms, and may be fine-tuned to alter a rifle's recoil impulse or cyclic rate by changing to a different weight A5 Buffer (5 weights available).
NOTE: The A5 Receiver Extension Buffer Tube is just One Piece of the proprietary Vltor A5 Recoil System and MUST ONLY be used with a Vltor A5 Buffer and a Standard Rifle Length Buffer Spring. Attempting to use this A5 Buffer Tube with an AR-15 Carbine Length Buffer Spring and/or Any Other Type of Recoil Buffer (either carbine or rifle size) Will Result in Damage to the host firearm.
Shipping Weight: 0.300 PoundsXThe total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
Ships Alone: NoXProduct ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
DOT-Regulated: NoXProduct is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
Carrier Restrictions: NoXProduct is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
HazMat Product: NoXAdditional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.