"Defensive Use of Firearms: A Common-Sense Guide to Awareness, Mental Preparedness, Tactics, Skills and Equipment" Book by Stephen Wenger
- "The Combative Perspective: The Thinking Man's Guide to... $10.99 Available
- "Armed: The Essential Guide to Concealed Carry" Book by Bruce... $16.99 Available
- "Combat Focus Shooting: The Science of Intuitive Shooting... $21.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- "T.A.P.S. : Tactical Application of Practical Shooting, Second... $13.99 Available
- "Armed and Female: Taking Control" Book by Paxton Quigley... $17.49 Available
- "The Tactical Advantage: A Definitive Study of Personal... $16.99 Available
- "Lessons from Armed America" Book by Kathy Jackson... $14.99 Available
- "Tactical Reality: An Uncommon Look at Common-Sense Firearms... $24.99 Special Order
Technical Information: Defensive Use of Firearms: A Common-Sense Guide to Awareness, Mental Preparedness, Tactics, Skills and Equipment
Dimensions: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"
Publisher: Paladin Press
Summary of Material (from the publisher):
Defensive Use of Firearms addresses the reality and practicality of using a firearm for self-defense. One aspect of that reality is that the software - mental awareness, mental preparedness, tactics and skill - takes higher precedence than the hardware. The author does discuss hardware, but in terms of practicality on the street or in the home, not on the shooting range.
Intended for the gun owner who has realized that mere ownership of a firearm does not convey protection, this book will be of particular interest to those who are engaged in or are contemplating legal concealed carry of a handgun. While primarily oriented toward the handgun, it does contain material about the defensive use of long guns, further expanding its relevance to home defense. A glossary is included for the reader who may be new to the world of firearms. The chapters on tactics and skills include line drawings that aid the reader's grasp of the concepts described.
This concise and affordable handbook offers the reader a set of common-sense principles, tactics and techniques distilled from hundreds of hours of the author's training, which includes certification as a law-enforcement handgun, shotgun, patrol rifle and tactical shooting instructor.
Stephen P. Wenger has an extensive experience as a firearms instructor, including certification from the Law Enforcement Activities Division of the NRA, National Law Enforcement Training Center, Lethal Force Institute, International Training Consultants and Options for Personal Security. He is a member of the American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers (ASLET), the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors (IALEFI) and a charter member of the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association (ILEETA). His articles have appeared in ASLET's Law Enforcement Trainer and the Smith & Wesson Academy Newsletter.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.