Adams Arms AR-15 A3 Base Carbine Gas Piston Upper Assembly 5.45x39mm 1 in 8" Twist 16" Barrel Melonite Finish with M4 Handguard, Flash Hider, 30-Round Magazine
- MagPul MOE Plus Pistol Grip AR-15 Rubber... $22.75 Select Options
- MagPul MOE Enhanced Trigger Guard AR-15 Polymer... $8.50 Select Options
- AR-Stoner Magazine AR-15 5.45x39mm Russian 30-Round with Anti... $14.99 Available
- Troy Industries Rear Flip-Up Battle Sight AR-15 Flat-Top... $121.99 Available
- Troy Industries Front Flip-Up Battle Sight HK-Style AR-15... $101.99 - $132.99 Select Options
- Magpul PMAG M2 MOE Magazine AR-15 223 Remington 30-Round... $12.30 - $13.25 Select Options
- MagPul MOE Handguard AR-15... $28.45 - $37.95 Select Options
- Hornady Custom Ammunition 300 Whisper 208 Grain A-Max Boat... $26.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Sight 1x 25mm 3 MOA Dot with... $99.99 Available
- Advanced Armament Co (AAC) Brakeout Flash Hider Muzzle Brake... $98.99 Available
- Yankee Hill Machine Flash Hider Phantom 7.62 Quick Detach... $74.70 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- MagPul MBUS Gen 2 Flip-Up Front Sight Handguard Height AR-15... $37.95 Select Options
- MagPul MOE MVG Vertical Forend Grip for MOE Handguards AR-15... $18.95 Select Options
- MagPul MBUS Gen 2 Flip-Up Rear Sight AR-15 Polymer... $55.05 Select Options
- MagPul AFG2 Angled Forend Grip AR-15 Polymer... $33.20 Select Options
The upper's barrel has been finished inside and out with Adams Arms' proprietary QPQ Melonite treatment that bonds with the metal on a molecular level. Also referred to as salt bath nitriding, this treatment produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, extending a barrel's service life by reducing the friction produced inside the bore upon firing for a net decrease in bore surface wear over time. Nitriding converts the barrel steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore. The end result is a barrel that's capable of producing accuracy on par with a match stainless steel tube, while also exhibiting the longevity and resilience of a chrome lined, mil-spec barrel. The QPQ Melonite finish protecting the barrel, piston components and flash hider is so corrosion resistant and durable that it is not adversely affected by prolonged exposure to the corrosive primer residue that's often left behind after firing military surplus 5.45x39mm ammo. While immediate cleaning of all steel parts after shooting corrosive ammunition is still recommended, it is not necessary.
All Adams Arms uppers feature a short stroke gas piston operating system, which prevents hot gas and debris from being directed back into the action upon firing. The result is a rifle that runs cooler, cleaner and more reliably than those utilizing a standard direct gas impingement system of operation. To ensure that damage doesn't occur to the buffer tube from carrier tilt, the bolt carrier is equipped with enlarged "skis" to help guide it into the receiver extension. The bolt carrier's solid steel, 1-piece construction incorporates an integral piston strike face to guarantee integrity over time, while the bolt assembly is spring loaded for proper lock-up and to help reduce bolt bounce and cam pin wear. All piston components are finished in QPQ Melonite for corrosion resistance and easy cleaning/maintenance.
- Upper Receiver: A3 Flat-Top, Forged
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Contour: M4
- Barrel Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: QPQ Melonite / Black Nitride
- Twist Rate: 1 in 8"
- Chamber: 5.45x39mm
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Bolt Carrier: 1-Piece w/Integral Piston Strike Face
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Gas System Length: Carbine, Short Stroke Piston Operated
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.750"
- Handguard: 2-Piece Polymer M4-Style
- Sights: None, Single Rail Gas Block
- Extras: One 30-Rnd Magazine, Wolff Extra Power Hammer Spring
- Weight: 4.19 lbs
- Safe for use with Corrosive Mil-Surplus Ammo
- Barrel, Piston Components, Gas Block & Flash Hider are all QPQ Melonite Finished
- Bolt & Carrier Assembly are finished with Ion-Bond
Please Note: Installation of AR-15 upper assemblies with certain features including, but not limited to: flash hiders, bayonet lugs, and threaded muzzles may violate state and/or local laws.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.