Adams Arms AR-15 A3 Base Carbine Gas Piston Upper Assembly 5.45x39mm 1 in 8" Twist 16" Barrel Melonite Finish with M4 Handguard, Flash Hider, 30-Round Magazine
- DPMS Gas Tube Roll Pin AR-15, LR-308... $1.99 Available
- Olympic Charging Handle Latch Spring AR-15, LR-308... $1.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Olympic Charging Handle Latch Roll Pin AR-15, LR-308... $1.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- MTM Flip-Top Ammo Box 17 Remington, 204 Ruger, 223 Remington... $3.49 Select Options
- DPMS Forward Assist Assembly Round AR-15, LR-308 Matte... $11.99 Available
- AR-Stoner Magazine AR-15 223 Remington 30-Round Curved Body... $13.99 Available
- DPMS Disconnector AR-15, LR-308 Small Pin .154" Matte... $4.99 Available
- C Products Defense Magazine AR-15 6.8 Remington SPC 10-Round... $13.14 Available
- DPMS Hammer and Trigger Pin AR-15, LR-308 Small Pin .154"... $1.99 Available
- Frankford Arsenal Ammo Vault Slip-Top Locking Ammo Box #RMD-20... $7.99 Available
- MTM Cleaning Jag and Brush Case Plastic Clear... $3.39 Available
- Adams Arms Gas Piston Drive Rod Spring AR-15... $1.99 Available
The upper's barrel has been finished inside and out with Adams Arms' proprietary QPQ Melonite treatment that bonds with the metal on a molecular level. Also referred to as salt bath nitriding, this treatment produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, extending a barrel's service life by reducing the friction produced inside the bore upon firing for a net decrease in bore surface wear over time. Nitriding converts the barrel steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore. The end result is a barrel that's capable of producing accuracy on par with a match stainless steel tube, while also exhibiting the longevity and resilience of a chrome lined, mil-spec barrel. The QPQ Melonite finish protecting the barrel, piston components and flash hider is so corrosion resistant and durable that it is not adversely affected by prolonged exposure to the corrosive primer residue that's often left behind after firing military surplus 5.45x39mm ammo. While immediate cleaning of all steel parts after shooting corrosive ammunition is still recommended, it is not necessary.
All Adams Arms uppers feature a short stroke gas piston operating system, which prevents hot gas and debris from being directed back into the action upon firing. The result is a rifle that runs cooler, cleaner and more reliably than those utilizing a standard direct gas impingement system of operation. To ensure that damage doesn't occur to the buffer tube from carrier tilt, the bolt carrier is equipped with enlarged "skis" to help guide it into the receiver extension. The bolt carrier's solid steel, 1-piece construction incorporates an integral piston strike face to guarantee integrity over time, while the bolt assembly is spring loaded for proper lock-up and to help reduce bolt bounce and cam pin wear. All piston components are finished in QPQ Melonite for corrosion resistance and easy cleaning/maintenance.
- Upper Receiver: A3 Flat-Top, Forged
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Contour: M4
- Barrel Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: QPQ Melonite / Black Nitride
- Twist Rate: 1 in 8"
- Chamber: 5.45x39mm
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Bolt Carrier: 1-Piece w/Integral Piston Strike Face
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Gas System Length: Carbine, Short Stroke Piston Operated
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.750"
- Handguard: 2-Piece Polymer M4-Style
- Sights: None, Single Rail Gas Block
- Extras: One 30-Rnd Magazine, Wolff Extra Power Hammer Spring
- Weight: 4.19 lbs
- Safe for use with Corrosive Mil-Surplus Ammo
- Barrel, Piston Components, Gas Block & Flash Hider are all QPQ Melonite Finished
- Bolt & Carrier Assembly are finished with Ion-Bond