CMMG's durable Weapons Armament Surface Protection (WASP) Melonite treatment is a unique protective coating applied to the barrel that surface-hardens the metal, extending barrel service life by reducing friction in the bore and lessening bore surface wear. Also referred to as Nitriding, this treatment produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, making for easier cleaning and maintenance. Nitriding converts the steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering from the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore.
- Upper Receiver: A3 Flat-Top
- Barrel: 16" M4 Contour, Chrome Moly, WASP Melonite Treated, Threaded 1/2-28
- Twist: 1 in 11"
- Chamber: 6.8x43mm SPC II
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Flash Hider: A2
- Gas System Length: Carbine, Piston Operated
- Handguard: Polymer M4-Style
- Sights: None, Single Rail Gas Block/Front Sight Base
- Anti-Tilt, 1-Piece Bolt Carrier w/Integral Piston Strike Face
NOTE: All CMMG uppers are test fired at their facility before shipment to the end user.