Daniel Defense Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO S2W Contour Mid-Length Gas Port 1 in 7" Twist 18" Hammer Forged Nitride Finished Chrome Moly Black Pre-Ban
- DPMS Gas Tube Roll Pin AR-15, LR-308... $1.99 Available
- DPMS Flash Hider A2 1/2"-28 Thread AR-15 Matte... $5.99 Available
- Vltor BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 Medium Charging Handle Assembly... $44.95 Available
- DPMS Gas Tube AR-15... $12.99 Select Options
- Schuster AR-15 Roll Pin Starter Punch Set 2-Piece Steel... $17.99 Available
- Yankee Hill Machine Gas Block Low Profile Set Screw AR-15,... $22.99 Available
- Military Surplus Magazine HK G3, HK91, PTR 91, CETME 308... $2.99 Available
- DPMS Accurizing Wedge AR-15... $4.99 Available
- Wilson Combat Gas Tube AR-15... $17.99 - $26.99 Select Options
- Olympic Firing Pin Retaining Pin AR-15... $1.99 Available
- MagPul Ranger Plate Magazine Floorplate AR-15 Polymer Package... $18.95 Select Options
- DPMS Forward Assist Assembly Round AR-15, LR-308 Matte... $11.99 Available
- Pearce Grip Extension Glock 26, 27, 33 Plus One Polymer Black... $9.99 Available
- Del-Ton Gas Tube AR-15, LR-308... $12.49 Select Options
- Noveske STS 60 Degree Ambidextrous Safety Selector AR-15,... $39.55 Available
- Arsenal, Inc. Russian Sling AK-47, AK-74 Canvas OD Green... $22.99 Available
- DPMS Anti-Walk Hammer & Trigger Pins AR-15 Small Pin .154"... $4.99 Available
This barrel has been finished inside and out with a protective Melonite treatment that surface-hardens the metal, extending barrel service life by reducing friction in the bore and lessening bore surface wear. Also referred to as Salt Bath Nitriding, this treatment produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, making for easier cleaning and maintenance. Nitriding converts the steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore.
This 18" AR-15 Barrel features Daniel Defense's exclusive Strength 2 Weight (S2W) contour for the perfect balance of barrel weight and stiffness, while the 5.56x45mm NATO chamber allows for full compatibility with both surplus mil-spec and commercial ammunition. The barrel's 1 in 7" Rifling Twist Rate is ideal for use with medium to heavy weight projectiles of up to about 77 grains. Proudly manufactured in the USA.
- Length: 18"
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium, Cold Hammer Forged
- Contour: Stregth 2 Weight (S2W)
- Chamber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- Twist Rate: 1 in 7"
- Chrome Lined: No
- Finish: Melonite / Salt Bath Nitride
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"x28
- Gas Port Location: Mid
- Exterior Diameter at Gas Port: 0.750"