Hogue OverMolded Rifle Stock Remington 700 BDL Long Action Factory Barrel Channel Pillar Bed Synthetic
- Timney Rifle Trigger Remington 700, 40X with Safety 1-1/2 to 4... $128.99 Available
- Wheeler Engineering 89-Piece Professional-Plus Gunsmithing... $79.99 Available
- Wheeler Engineering Action Wrench #2 Remington 700, Savage 110... $64.99 Available
- Remington Trigger Guard Assembly Remington 700 BDL Long Action... $86.99 Available
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) Technical Manual &... $34.49 Available
- Wyatt's Outdoors Trigger Guard and Detachable Magazine... $253.79 Available
- Boyds' Classic Rifle Stock Remington 700 BDL Long Action... $149.99 Available
- Boyds' TactiCool Rifle Stock Remington 700 BDL Long Action... $109.99 Available
- Boyds' Ross Featherweight Thumbhole Rifle Stock Remington 700... $98.99 Available
- Remington Stock 700 BDL Long Action Synthetic... $84.99 - $92.99 Select Options
- Remington Stock 700 XCR Long Action Synthetic ... $119.99 - $159.99 Select Options
- Bell and Carlson Carbelite Classic Rifle Stock Remington 700... $209.99 Select Options
- Barnes Tipped Triple-Shock X Bullets 270 Caliber (277... $35.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Hornady Primer Pocket Cleaner Head... $5.19 Select Options
- Hornady Lock-N-Load Overall Length Gage Modified Case 270... $6.19 Available
- Hornady Microjust Seating Stem... $24.99 Available
- MTM Universal Powder Funnel Set 17 to 45 Caliber... $15.49 Available
- Hornady Cam-Lock Bullet Puller Collet #7 30 Caliber (308... $10.99 Available
- Hornady Cam-Lock Bullet Puller Collet #5 27 Caliber (270... $10.99 Available
- Cutting Edge Bullets Match Tactical Hunting Bullets 270... $63.99 Available
- Hornady Lock-N-Load Overall Length Gage Modified Case 300... $6.19 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Hornady Lock-N-Load Overall Length Gage Modified Case 270... $6.89 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Limbsaver Recoil Pad Prefit Browning A-Bolt Synthetic, BPS... $37.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Hornady Cam-Lock Bullet Puller Collet #2 22 Caliber (224... $10.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
Hogue OverMolded stocks have fiberglass skeletons with the same permanently-bonded rubber coating used on Hogue's popular handgun grips. The non-slip coating is quiet and durable. The grip and forend have a cobblestone texture for a sure grip. All stocks come with swivel studs, straight comb and recoil pads. The pillar bedding in this stock utilizes aluminum bosses embedded in the stock at critical mounting locations. These aluminum pillar beds ensure a rock solid fit to the action of the rifle to give you the best accuracy possible. The rifle stock is also designed to free-float the barrel for maximum accuracy.
- Firearm Fit: Remington 700 BDL Long Action
- Barrel Fit: Standard factory barrel
- Length of Pull: 13-3/4"
- Weight: 2 lbs 10 oz.
Special instructions from Hogue: To maximize the accuracy potential of your Remington 700, your new stock has been designed to free float the barrel and register tightly against the sides of the recoil lug. Although because of slight angular variations in the recoil lug's location in each rifle, it can cause the barrel to contact one side of the barrel channel. This can be left alone and the rifle will operate properly with no modification and some rifles will not need adjustment if the barrel naturally centers itself. If the barrel does not self-center and you desire the optimum accuracy from your rifle, it is necessary to slightly rotate the recoil lug to correctly float the barrel. We have successfully performed this by following these steps:
1. Unload the rifle and remove the bolt.
2. With a pencil, mark the starting orientation between the barrel, lug and action.
3. Lay the action on a solid padded surface while holding the barrel firmly in the weak hand.
4. With a soft medium sized brass hammer, strike the bottom corner of the recoil lug in the opposite direction you want the barrel to float in the stock. The recoil lug is a separate piece of steel held tightly between the barrel and action. It will rotate. Only a very small amount of movement is necessary and can be observed by the pencil mark.
5. Keep making small adjustments while checking the fit until the barrel centers when the floor plate is bolted tightly to the rifle.
Note: If you do not feel confident, we recommend a competent gunsmith perform this adjustment for you. Take these instructions with you.
Another acceptable method is to carve out the recoil lug pocket in the stock and bed it with suitable bedding compound. Again, the rifle will operate properly without any modification to either the stock or the rifle.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.