Hogue OverMolded Rifle Stock Remington 700 BDL Long Action Factory Barrel Channel Pillar Bed Synthetic
Hogue OverMolded stocks have fiberglass skeletons with the same permanently-bonded rubber coating used on Hogue's popular handgun grips. The non-slip coating is quiet and durable. The grip and forend have a cobblestone texture for a sure grip. All stocks come with swivel studs, straight comb and recoil pads. The pillar bedding in this stock utilizes aluminum bosses embedded in the stock at critical mounting locations. These aluminum pillar beds ensure a rock solid fit to the action of the rifle to give you the best accuracy possible. The rifle stock is also designed to free-float the barrel for maximum accuracy.
- Firearm Fit: Remington 700 BDL Long Action
- Barrel Fit: Standard factory barrel
- Length of Pull: 13-3/4"
- Weight: 2 lbs 10 oz.
Special instructions from Hogue: To maximize the accuracy potential of your Remington 700, your new stock has been designed to free float the barrel and register tightly against the sides of the recoil lug. Although because of slight angular variations in the recoil lug's location in each rifle, it can cause the barrel to contact one side of the barrel channel. This can be left alone and the rifle will operate properly with no modification and some rifles will not need adjustment if the barrel naturally centers itself. If the barrel does not self-center and you desire the optimum accuracy from your rifle, it is necessary to slightly rotate the recoil lug to correctly float the barrel. We have successfully performed this by following these steps:
1. Unload the rifle and remove the bolt.
2. With a pencil, mark the starting orientation between the barrel, lug and action.
3. Lay the action on a solid padded surface while holding the barrel firmly in the weak hand.
4. With a soft medium sized brass hammer, strike the bottom corner of the recoil lug in the opposite direction you want the barrel to float in the stock. The recoil lug is a separate piece of steel held tightly between the barrel and action. It will rotate. Only a very small amount of movement is necessary and can be observed by the pencil mark.
5. Keep making small adjustments while checking the fit until the barrel centers when the floor plate is bolted tightly to the rifle.
Note: If you do not feel confident, we recommend a competent gunsmith perform this adjustment for you. Take these instructions with you.
Another acceptable method is to carve out the recoil lug pocket in the stock and bed it with suitable bedding compound. Again, the rifle will operate properly without any modification to either the stock or the rifle.
The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.
- Timney Rifle Trigger Remington 700, 40X with Safety 1-1/2 to 4... $116.99 Available
- Wheeler Engineering 89-Piece Professional-Plus Gunsmithing... $61.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Wheeler Engineering Action Wrench #2 Remington 700, Savage 110... $64.99 Available
- Remington Trigger Guard Assembly Remington 700 BDL Long Action... $86.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) Technical Manual &... $34.49 Available
- Wyatt's Outdoors Trigger Guard and Detachable Magazine... $180.05 - $258.71 View More Options
- Boyds' Ross Featherweight Thumbhole Rifle Stock Remington 700... $98.99 Available
- Remington Stock 700 BDL Long Action Synthetic... $84.99 - $92.99 View More Options
- Boyds' TactiCool Rifle Stock Remington 700 Long Action Heavy... $88.07 - $101.89 View More Options
- Boyds' Classic Rifle Stock Remington 700 BDL Long Action... $103.63 Available
- Remington Stock 700 XCR Long Action Synthetic ... $114.46 - $119.99 View More Options
- Bell and Carlson Carbelite Classic Rifle Stock Remington 700... $136.01 View More Options
- Gerber Edge 1.1" Utility Knife Replaceable Utility Blade... $5.88 Available
- Mountain House Pasta Primavera Freeze Dried Meal 4 oz... $6.99 Available
- Frankford Arsenal Flip-Top Ammo Box #511 7mm Remington Magnum,... $3.49 View More Options
- Tipton Choke Tube and Cleaning Accessory Case Polymer Smoke... $1.04 Closeout Special
- Winchester Super-X Ammunition 7mm Remington Magnum 150 Grain... $27.49 - $253.99 View More Options
- MidwayUSA Pistol Case... $2.45 - $7.99 View More Options
- MidwayUSA Belt Slide Ammunition Carrier Nylon Black... $1.66 - $1.80 View More Options
- Coghlans Wooden Safety Matches Pack of 250... $3.99 Available
- Troy Industries T22 TRX Extreme Tactical Chassis Kit Ruger... $319.99 Available
- Hornady SUPERFORMANCE Ammunition 300 Ruger Compact Magnum 150... $33.49 Available
- LOCKDOWN Pistol Rack 2-Gun Vinyl Coated Steel Black... $2.40 Available
- Hydrosorbent Silica Gel Desiccant Dehumidifier 40 Gram... $5.99 Available