Wilson Heavy Duty Recoil Springs are made combat tough to repeatedly take a pounding yet show a remarkable consistent performance every time a round is fired. Keeping a fresh recoil spring in your gun will dramatically reduce the pounding your slide and frame receive. Drop-in.
Fits: Heavy-Duty Recoil Spring for Full-Size 5" (Government Model) 1911
- Factory 1911 recoil springs are 16 pounds in 45 ACP, 14 pounds in 38 Super, 9mm Luger, 38 Special Midrange, Colt Ace 22 conversion kit, and 19 pounds in 40 S&W.
- Factory 1911 recoil springs for Officers models are 22 lbs
- Factory 1911 springs for Commander models are 18 lbs
- The Delta Elite 10mm uses a dual factory spring rated at 23 pounds. Single recoil springs require that the Delta Elite recoil spring guide be replaced with a standard 45 ACP recoil spring guide.
- Recoil springs fit over a pistol's guide rod and control how the pistol's slide functions.
- In general, heavy loads need heavy springs and lighter loads need lighter springs. There is no hard and fast rule as to how much "Spring" a pistol needs. Too light a spring and the pistol opens and closes early and hard, increasing the felt recoil and battering the frame. Too heavy a spring and the slide is hard to open and may not cycle completely, jamming the pistol.
- Shooters who are using +P ammunition or self defense ammunition will likely need heavier recoil springs.
- Shooters who are using target ammunition may be able to use lighter recoil springs.
- Installation requires disassembly and reassembly of the pistol.