VooDoo Innovations Barrel AR-15 5.45x39mm M4 Contour Carbine Gas Port 1 in 8" Twist 16" Chrome Moly Black Melonite Finish
- AR-Stoner Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO M4 Contour 1 in 9" Twist... $123.99 Available
- AR-Stoner Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO M4 Contour 1 in 9" Twist... $179.99 Available
- AR-Stoner Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO M4 Contour 1 in 9" Twist... $169.99 Available
- Bergara Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO M4 Contour 1 in 9" Twist... $164.99 Available
This 16" AR-15 barrel is constructed from Mil-Spec 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, and has been finished inside and out with Voodoo Barrels' proprietary QPQ Melonite treatment that bonds with the metal on a molecular level. Also referred to as salt bath nitriding, this treatment produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, extending a barrel's service life by reducing the friction produced inside the bore upon firing for a net decrease in bore surface wear over time. Nitriding converts the barrel steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore. The end result is a barrel that's capable of producing accuracy on par with a match stainless steel tube, while also exhibiting the longevity and resilience of a chrome lined, mil-spec barrel. The protective QPQ Melonite barrel finish is so corrosion resistant that it is not adversely affected by prolonged exposure to the corrosive primer residue often left behind after firing imported military surplus 5.45x39mm ammunition. While prompt cleaning of all steel parts after shooting corrosive ammunition is still recommended, it is not necessary if those parts are protected with a Melonite finish.
- Length: 16"
- Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- Contour: M4
- Chamber: 5.45x39mm
- Twist Rate: 1 in 8"
- Chrome Lined: No
- Finish: QPQ Melonite / Black Nitride
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Gas Port Location: Carbine Length
- Exterior Diameter at Gas Port: 0.750"