"Bladesmithing with Murray Carter" Book by Murray Carter
- MidwayUSA Silicone Impregnated Knife Case Silcone-Treated... $9.99 - $14.99 Select Options
- Cold Steel Rubber Training Recon Fixed Blade Training Knife 7"... $8.99 Available
- Knives of Alaska 3-Way Sharpener... $19.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Maxpedition Razorshell Valuables Protective Case Nylon... $21.59 - $33.29 Select Options
- Hornady Custom Ammunition 45 ACP +P 230 Grain XTP Jacketed... $16.99 Available
- Hornady Critical Duty Ammunition 45 ACP +P 220 Grain FlexLock... $21.49 Available
- Federal Premium Personal Defense Ammunition 45 ACP 230 Grain... $25.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- TRUGLO Reflex Red Dot Sight Red and Green 4-Pattern Reticle... $69.99 Available
- "Pet Loads, Complete Volume" Book by Ken Waters... $49.99 Available
- Hornady "Handbook of Cartridge Reloading: 9th Edition"... $29.99 Available
- Wilson Combat Barrel Bushing Wrench 1911 Government, Commander... $3.99 Available
- Vortex 30mm Magnifier Flip Mount Matte... $79.99 Select Options
Bladesmithing with Murray Carter provides the reader with an in-depth look into traditional Japanese Cutlery forging techniques and their modern applications. A non-stop flow of inquiries to Murray has prompted him to reveal the secret techniques learned during 18 years in Japan, where he lived and worked as a village bladesmith. He now shares this wealth of information for the benefit of the curious reader and Japanese knife enthusiast alike. Owners of nearly 15,000 of Murray's knives will be delighted to see a comprehensive book written by the knives' creator.
With over 250 dazzling, full-color images, including many by renowned photographer Hiro Soga, the reader will have a solid visual aide for how the process of bladesmithing is conducted. What's more, the book provides a unique and extremely rare insight into the Japanese culture through the eyes of a Japanese village bladesmith. The book reveals detailed explanations of traditional Japanese Bladesmithing techniques that until now have been cloaked in mystery and myth. Rest assured, there is enough detailed information in this book to guide an aspiring Bladesmith as they pursue and hone their craft.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.