"Bladesmithing with Murray Carter" Book by Murray Carter
Bladesmithing with Murray Carter provides the reader with an in-depth look into traditional Japanese Cutlery forging techniques and their modern applications. A non-stop flow of inquiries to Murray has prompted him to reveal the secret techniques learned during 18 years in Japan, where he lived and worked as a village bladesmith. He now shares this wealth of information for the benefit of the curious reader and Japanese knife enthusiast alike. Owners of nearly 15,000 of Murray's knives will be delighted to see a comprehensive book written by the knives' creator.
With over 250 dazzling, full-color images, including many by renowned photographer Hiro Soga, the reader will have a solid visual aide for how the process of bladesmithing is conducted. What's more, the book provides a unique and extremely rare insight into the Japanese culture through the eyes of a Japanese village bladesmith. The book reveals detailed explanations of traditional Japanese Bladesmithing techniques that until now have been cloaked in mystery and myth. Rest assured, there is enough detailed information in this book to guide an aspiring Bladesmith as they pursue and hone their craft.
- The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order. Shipping Weight: 1.300 Pounds
- Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges. Ships Alone: No
- Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground. DOT-Regulated: No
- Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods. Carrier Restrictions: No
- Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers. HazMat Product: No
Thank you! Your valuable feedback helps improve our product information and offering.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.
Knives of Alaska 3-Way Sharpener
$25.79 & SHIPS FREE
Cold Steel Rubber Training Recon Fixed Blade Training Knife 7"...
Sale Save $1.20 (15%)
Maxpedition Razorshell Valuables Protective Case Nylon
$22.49 - $35.99
Applied Ballistics "Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting...
Clearance$32.70Save $22.29 (41%)