Hogue Rubber OverMolded Rifle Stock Remington 700 BDL Short Action Factory Barrel Channel Pillar Bed Synthetic Black
Hogue OverMolded stocks have fiberglass skeletons with the same permanently-bonded rubber coating used on Hogue's popular handgun grips. The non-slip coating is quiet and durable. The grip and forend have a cobblestone texture for a sure grip. All stocks come with swivel studs, straight comb and recoil pads. The pillar bedding in this stock utilizes aluminum bosses embedded in the stock at critical mounting locations. These aluminum pillar beds ensure a rock solid fit to the action of the rifle to give you the best accuracy possible. The rifle stock is also designed to free-float the barrel for maximum accuracy.
- Firearm Fit: Remington 700 BDL Short Action
- Barrel Fit: Standard factory barrel
- Length of Pull: 13-3/4"
- Weight: 2 lbs 10 oz.
Special instructions from Hogue: To maximize the accuracy potential of your Remington 700, your new stock has been designed to free float the barrel and register tightly against the sides of the recoil lug. Although because of slight angular variations in the recoil lug's location in each rifle, it can cause the barrel to contact one side of the barrel channel. This can be left alone and the rifle will operate properly with no modification and some rifles will not need adjustment if the barrel naturally centers itself. If the barrel does not self-center and you desire the optimum accuracy from your rifle, it is necessary to slightly rotate the recoil lug to correctly float the barrel. We have successfully performed this by following these steps:
1. Unload the rifle and remove the bolt.
2. With a pencil, mark the starting orientation between the barrel, lug and action.
3. Lay the action on a solid padded surface while holding the barrel firmly in the weak hand.
4. With a soft medium sized brass hammer, strike the bottom corner of the recoil lug in the opposite direction you want the barrel to float in the stock. The recoil lug is a separate piece of steel held tightly between the barrel and action. It will rotate. Only a very small amount of movement is necessary and can be observed by the pencil mark.
5. Keep making small adjustments while checking the fit until the barrel centers when the floor plate is bolted tightly to the rifle.
Note: If you do not feel confident, we recommend a competent gunsmith perform this adjustment for you. Take these instructions with you.
Another acceptable method is to carve out the recoil lug pocket in the stock and bed it with suitable bedding compound. Again, the rifle will operate properly without any modification to either the stock or the rifle.
Thank you! Your valuable feedback helps improve our product information and offering.
Timney Rifle Trigger Remington 700, 40X with Safety 1-1/2 to 4...
Wheeler Engineering 89-Piece Professional-Plus Gunsmithing...
$54.99Sale List Price: $89.99 Save $35.00 (39%)
Devcon Plastic Steel Bedding Compound
$7.89 - $65.99
PTG Trigger Guard for AICS Detachable Box Magazine Remington...
Wheeler Engineering Action Wrench #2 Remington 700, Savage 110
$64.99List Price: $79.99 Save $15.00 (19%)
Remington Trigger Guard Assembly Remington 700 BDL Short...
American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) Technical Manual &...
Boyds' Ross Featherweight Thumbhole Rifle Stock Remington 700...
Boyds' TactiCool Rifle Stock Remington 700 BDL Short Action...
$109.99 - $129.99
Boyds' Classic Rifle Stock Remington 700 BDL Factory Barrel...
Hogue Rubber OverMolded Rifle Stock Remington 700 BDL Short...
Add to Cart for Price
Hogue Rubber OverMolded Rifle Stock Remington 700 BDL...
Add to Cart for PriceList Price: $237.97
Remington Stock 700 XCR Short Action Synthetic
$119.99 - $159.99