Adams Arms AR-15 Pistol A3 Evo Ultra Lite Mid Length Gas Piston Upper Assembly 5.56x45mm NATO 1 in 7" Twist 14.5" Barrel Melonite Finish with 12" Extended Free Float Modular Rail Handguard, Muzzle Brake
- Magpul PMAG M3 Magazine AR-15 223 Remington Black... $13.25 - $18.95 Select Options
- DPMS Accurizing Wedge AR-15... $5.09 Available
- Maglula LULA Magazine Loader and Unloader AR-15 223 Remington... $26.95 Available
- DPMS Lower Receiver Parts Kit AR-15... $59.99 Available
- UTG Deluxe Brass Catcher AR-15 Nylon Mesh Black... $9.19 Available
- Adams Arms AR-15 A3 Base Mid Length Gas Piston Upper Assembly... $731.66 Available
- Adams Arms AR-15 A3 Evo Ultra Lite Mid Length Gas Piston Upper... $1,005.10 Available
- Adams Arms AR-15 A3 Evo Ultra Lite Carbine Gas Piston Upper... $969.95 Available
- CMMG AR-15 M4 Flat-Top Upper Assembly 5.56x45mm NATO 1 in 7"... $546.01 Closeout Special
The upper's barrel has been finished inside and out with Adams Arms' proprietary QPQ Melonite treatment that bonds with the metal on a molecular level. Also referred to as salt bath nitriding, this treatment produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, extending a barrel's service life by reducing the friction produced inside the bore upon firing for a net decrease in bore surface wear over time. Nitriding converts the barrel steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore. The end result is a barrel that's capable of producing accuracy on par with a match stainless steel tube, while also exhibiting the longevity and resilience of a chrome lined, mil-spec barrel.
All Adams Arms uppers feature a short stroke gas piston operating system, which prevents hot gas and debris from being directed back into the action upon firing. The result is a rifle that runs cooler, cleaner and more reliably than those utilizing a standard direct gas impingement system of operation. To ensure that damage doesn't occur to the buffer tube from carrier tilt, the bolt carrier is equipped with enlarged "skis" to help guide it into the receiver extension. The bolt carrier's solid steel, 1-piece construction incorporates an integral piston strike face to guarantee integrity over time, while the bolt assembly is spring loaded for proper lock-up and to help reduce bolt bounce and cam pin wear. All piston components are finished in QPQ Melonite for corrosion resistance and easy cleaning/maintenance.
- Upper Receiver Type: A3 Flat-Top, Forged
- Barrel Length: 14.5" Pistol
- Barrel Contour: Ultra Lightweight
- Barrel Material:4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: QPQ Melonite / Black Nitride
- Twist Rate: 1 in 7"
- Chamber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: Adams Arms Compensator
- Gas System Length: Mid-length, short stroke piston operated
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.625"
- Handguard: Samson 12" Evolution Extended Modular Rail, Free Float
- Sights: None
- Extras: Two 2" and one 4" Picatinny Rail Sections
Please Note: An “AR-15 Pistol” upper assembly has a barrel less than 16” in length. Pistol uppers are only for use on AR-15 pistol lowers and legal Short-Barreled Rifles. Other configurations may violate Federal law.