CMMG AR-15 M4 LE A3 Flat-Top Upper Assembly 300 AAC Blackout (7.62x35mm) 1 in 7" Twist 16" Barrel Carbine Gas System WASP Melonite Finish CM with M4 Handguard, A2 Front Sight, Flash Hider
The Chrome Moly Steel Barrel is finished inside and out with CMMG's durable Weapons Armament Surface Protection (WASP) Melonite treatment. The WASP Melonite process surface-hardens the metal, extending barrel service life by reducing friction in the bore and lessening bore surface wear. Also referred to as Salt Bath Nitriding, this treatment produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, making for easier cleaning and maintenance. Nitriding converts the steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore.
This 16" 300 Blackout Upper utilizes the versatile Carbine Length Gas System, a good choice for this cartridge if various weights and types of ammunition are to be used. Most Subsonic and Supersonic loads, fired from either a Suppressed or Unsuppressed gun, are compatible with this configuration. However, some subsonic ammunition may not always cycle reliably under adverse conditions or in a severely fouled firearm without a sound suppressor attached to provide extra backpressure.
- Upper Receiver: A3 Flat-Top
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Contour: Medium
- Barrel Material: 4140 Chrome Moly Steel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 5/8"-24
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: WASP Melonite / Black Nitride
- Twist Rate: 1 in 7"
- Chamber: 300 AAC Blackout (7.62x35mm)
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Gas System Length: Carbine
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.750"
- Handguard: Polymer M4-Style
- Sights: A2 front sight, no rear sight
- Suitable for use with Subsonic or Supersonic loads, either Suppressed or Unsuppressed
- Compatible with all standard AR-15 magazines (including Pmags), No Magazine Included
Click Here for Additional Info on Ammo Compatiblity with CMMG's 300 Blackout Uppers & Barrels
NOTE: All CMMG uppers are test fired at their facility before shipment to the end user.