Adams Arms AR-15 A3 Tactical Evo Mid Length Gas Piston Upper Assembly 5.56x45mm NATO 1 in 7" Twist 16" Barrel Melonite Finish with 12" Extended Free Float Modular Rail Handguard, Flash Hider
- AR-Stoner Magazine AR-15 223 Remington with Anti Tilt Follower... $8.55 - $18.99 Select Options
- MagPul MOE Enhanced Trigger Guard AR-15 Polymer... $8.50 Select Options
- MagPul MOE Plus Pistol Grip AR-15 Rubber... $22.75 Select Options
- MagPul Stock CTR Collapsible AR-15 Carbine Synthetic... $75.95 Select Options
- MagPul RVG Rail Vertical Forend Grip AR-15 Polymer... $23.70 Select Options
- Troy Industries Rear Flip-Up Battle Sight AR-15 Flat-Top... $121.99 Select Options
- Troy Industries Front Flip-Up Battle Sight HK-Style AR-15... $101.99 - $132.99 Select Options
- Prince 50 Designs Bullet Button Magazine Release Wrench... $2.99 Available
- Prince 50 Designs Bullet Button Magazine Release Assembly... $10.95 Available
- Prince 50 Design AR-15 Bullet Button Assembly Speed Funnel... $6.95 Available
- AR-Stoner Receiver Extension Buffer Tube Assembly 6-Position... $44.01 Available
- Magpul PMAG M3 Magazine AR-15 223 Remington Black... $11.49 - $18.95 Select Options
- Adams Arms AR-15 A3 Tactical Evo Carbine Gas Piston Upper... $829.99 Available
The upper's barrel has been finished inside and out with Adams Arms' proprietary QPQ Melonite treatment that bonds with the metal on a molecular level. Also referred to as salt bath nitriding, this treatment produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, extending a barrel's service life by reducing the friction produced inside the bore upon firing for a net decrease in bore surface wear over time. Nitriding converts the barrel steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore. The end result is a barrel that's capable of producing accuracy on par with a match stainless steel tube, while also exhibiting the longevity and resilience of a chrome lined, mil-spec barrel.
All Adams Arms uppers feature a short stroke gas piston operating system, which prevents hot gas and debris from being directed back into the action upon firing. The result is a rifle that runs cooler, cleaner and more reliably than those utilizing a standard direct gas impingement system of operation. To ensure that damage doesn't occur to the buffer tube from carrier tilt, the bolt carrier is equipped with enlarged "skis" to help guide it into the receiver extension. The bolt carrier's solid steel, 1-piece construction incorporates an integral piston strike face to guarantee integrity over time, while the bolt assembly is spring loaded for proper lock-up and to help reduce bolt bounce and cam pin wear. All piston components are finished in QPQ Melonite for corrosion resistance and easy cleaning/maintenance.
- Upper Receiver: A3 Flat-Top, Forged
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Contour: Government
- Barrel Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: QPQ Melonite / Black Nitride
- Twist Rate: 1 in 7"
- Chamber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Bolt Carrier: 1-Piece w/Integral Piston Strike Face
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Gas System Length: Mid, Short Stroke Piston Operated
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.750"
- Handguard: Samson 12" Evolution Extended Modular Rail, Free Float
- Sights: None
- Extras: One 4" Rail Section, QD Sling Swivel Mount, Single Rail Piston Gas Block
- Weight: 4.64 lbs (Without Rail Sections)
Please Note: Installation of AR-15 upper assemblies with certain features including, but not limited to: flash hiders, bayonet lugs, and threaded muzzles may violate state and/or local laws.
Shipping Weight: 6.100 PoundsXThe total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
Ships Alone: NoXProduct ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
DOT-Regulated: NoXProduct is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
Carrier Restrictions: NoXProduct is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
HazMat Product: NoXAdditional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.