Buffalo Bore Ammunition 45 Colt (Long Colt) 225 Grain Hard Cast Wadcutter Anti-Personnel Box of 20
- MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag... $34.99 Select Options
- Caldwell Orange Peel Target 8" Self-Adhesive Bullseye Package... $10.29 Available
- NRA Official Pistol Target B-16 25 Yard Slow Fire Paper... $10.29 Available
- Howard Leight Leight Plugs Ear Plugs (NRR 30 dB) Package of 10... $4.09 Available
- Hoppe's BoreSnake Bore Cleaner Pistol 44, 45 Caliber... $12.99 Available
- Tuff Products Quickstrip 30-30, 410 Bore Shotgun, 44, 45, 458... $7.69 Available
- Remington Rem Oil Gun Oil Aerosol... $4.89 - $7.29 Select Options
You must be 21 years or older to order ammunition. Ammo must ship UPS ground. Due to Department of Transportation regulations, we cannot accept returns on ammo. Please check local laws before ordering.
Owner of Buffalo Bore Tim Sundles on Anti-Personnel 45 Colt Ammunition:
This load is designed to cause disabling terminal effect, combined with the penetration required to cause fast incapacitation of targets from any angle. The big flat wad cutter nose crushes living tissue as it passes through, unlike mushroomed bullets that are slightly rounded on the nose and tend to slip and slide through living material. The crushing action of the flat nose keeps penetration straight and thus deep. The hard cast construction will not deform on flesh and bone at these velocities so the nose profile remains constant along with bullet path and terminal damage. Full wad cutter profiles in large calibers (like .45 and .44) hit like a truck and do massive permanent damage. Noted NYPD stake out officer and gun fighter Jim Cirillo used full wad cutters in his 38 SPL revolvers because they incapacitated his targets with certainty.
Expect about 24 inches of straight-line penetration with this load.
We test our ammunition in real world over-the-counter firearms to establish our published velocities so that our customers can know what this ammunition is doing in the real world, not a laboratory where long test barrels are used and give false high velocity readings. See our below velocities fired from my personal firearms.
This load is standard pressure and is therefore safe for use in ANY/ALL 45 Colt and 454 Casull firearms. The bullet construction is hard cast (not lead) and properly lubed and will not substantially lead your barrel, even if you fire hundreds of rounds.