The DDM4v1 features the new DDM4 12.0 FSP Free Float Quad Rail Handguard that extends forward past the CNC-Machined Front Sight Base/Gas Block, providing ample room for mounting tactical accessories as well as the option to co-witness a rear-mounted optic with the upper's iron sights. The DDM4 Rail combines the best features of Daniel Defense's previous handguard designs to create an entirely new and improved platform. The 1-Piece Lower Rail of the handguard has been located closer to the barrel for an exceptionally slim, compact exterior footprint that is more comfortable and ergonomic to hold in the off-hand. The M4 rail is secured to the upper receiver with a new Bolt-Up System using 4 steel fasteners for rock solid stability and repeatable positioning of rail mounted accessories, and includes 4 Integral Quick Detach Sling Swivel Sockets for a multitude of sling mounting options. The DDM4v1 Upper comes complete and ready to fire with a Daniel Defense A1.5 Detachable Rear Sight, charging handle, Daniel Defense Flash Hider, 3 low profile ladder rail covers and a Daniel Defense Vertical Fore Grip.
- Upper Receiver: A4 Flat-Top
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Contour: M4
- Barrel Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium, Cold Hammer Forged
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Chrome Lined: Yes
- Barrel Finish: Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate
- Twist Rate: 1 in 7"
- Chamber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: Daniel Defense Flash Hider (1.875")
- Gas System Length: Carbine
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.750"
- Handguard: DDM4 12.0 FSP Quad Rail, Free Float
- Sights: CNC-Machined Front Sight Base, Daniel Defense A1.5 Detachable Rear
- Bolt Carrier Assembly Included: Yes
- Bolt Carrier Type: Mil-Spec
- Extras: Daniel Defense Vertical Foregrip, 3 Low Profile Rail Covers
- Weight: 4 lbs, 12.2 oz
Please Note: Installation of AR-15 upper assemblies with certain features including, but not limited to: flash hiders, bayonet lugs, and threaded muzzles may violate state and/or local laws.