"Custom Gunstock Carving" Book by Philip Eck
Publisher: Stackpole Books
Date of Publication: January 2006
Number of Pages: 208
Summary of Material (from the publisher):
Back by popular demand ten years after the publication of the original hardcover, this paperback edition of Custom Gunstock Carving gives in-depth instruction on the cutting and carving techniques that make up the gunstock carver's art--from preparing proper working conditions to selecting a pattern to the cutting itself. Author Phillip R. Eck also discusses using different types of wood, preparing the surface for carving, and locating design sources. Featuring an impressive selection of full-scale patterns, this book is essential for any shooter looking to add a personal touch to his or her weapon.
About the Author:
Phillip R. Eck is a self-taught artist who has been carving gunstocks for more than thirty-five years. A past director of the Maryland Rifle and Pistol Association, he lives in Baltimore.
- The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order. Shipping Weight: 1.350 Pounds
- Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges. Ships Alone: No
- Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground. DOT-Regulated: No
- Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods. Carrier Restrictions: No
- Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers. HazMat Product: No
Thank you! Your valuable feedback helps improve our product information and offering.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.