Hornady SUPERFORMANCE Varmint Ammunition 17 Hornet 20 Grain V-Max Box of 25
- MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag... $34.99 Select Options
- Caldwell Orange Peel Target 8" Self-Adhesive Bullseye Package... $10.29 Available
- Howard Leight Leight Plugs Ear Plugs (NRR 30 dB) Package of 10... $4.09 Available
- Caldwell Orange Peel Varmint Target 7" Self-Adhesive... $5.19 Available
- Champion Duraseal Swinging Prairie Dog Reactive Target 7"... $16.29 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- EZ Target Prairie Dog Town Master Pack Target 11" x 17" Paper... $11.29 Available
- EZ Target Woodchuck Master Pack Target 11" x 17" Paper Package... $11.29 Available
- Federal Premium Vital-Shok Ammunition 270 Winchester Short... $35.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Remington Express Ammunition 270 Winchester Short Magnum (WSM)... $37.49 Available
- Hornady Varmint Express Ammunition 22 Hornet 35 Grain V-Max... $18.29 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Winchester Super-X Ammunition 300 Winchester Short Magnum... $34.99 - $329.99 Select Options
- Hornady Custom Grade New Dimension 2-Die Set 7.62x39mm... $34.99 Available
You must be 21 years or older to order ammunition. Ammo must ship UPS ground. Due to Department of Transportation regulations, we cannot accept returns on ammo. Please check local laws before ordering.
Loaded with Hornady's popular V-Max polymer tipped bullet, SUPERFORMANCE Varmint ammunition is filled with proprietary propellants that increase the velocity ratings 100 to 200 feet per second compared to other popular brands. Because there is no increase in pressure, regardless of the caliber, there is no increase in felt recoil but there IS an increase in efficiency and high speed performance. Plus, SUPERFORMANCE Varmint loads are versatile and will perform flawlessly in all rifles, including semi-autos.
Hornady's V-Max Bullets feature a polymer tip which enhances accuracy and promotes devastating expansion. The tip raises the ballistic coefficient for faster velocity and helps to stabilize the bullet in flight. It also acts as a wedge, initiating bullet expansion. The copper jacket provides the necessary bearing surface for maximum stability out of the barrel, and the jacket is built to withstand the fast twist rates of the most advanced varmint rifles.
The 17 Hornet is based on the 22 Hornet and delivers a trajectory of a traditional 223 Remington 55 grain load with the felt recoil of a 22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire. This 17 caliber round offers less fouling, barrel wear and less powder per shot and lower pressures when compared to the 17 Remington.