Hornady SUPERFORMANCE Varmint Ammunition 17 Hornet 15.5 Grain NTX Lead-Free Box of 25
- Howard Leight Leight Plugs Ear Plugs (NRR 30 dB) Package of 10... $4.09 Available
- Caldwell Orange Peel Target 8" Self-Adhesive Bullseye Package... $16.49 Available
- Hornady Reloading Brass 17 Hornet Box of 50... $31.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Caldwell DeadShot Front and Rear Shooting Rest Bag Set Nylon... $18.29 - $31.49 Select Options
- Lyman Target Varmint Assortment Sheet 7" x 10" Package of 10... $5.09 Available
You must be 21 years or older to order ammunition. Ammo must ship UPS ground. Due to Department of Transportation regulations, we cannot accept returns on ammo. Please check local laws before ordering.
Loaded with Hornady's popular V-Max polymer tipped bullet, SUPERFORMANCE Varmint ammunition is filled with proprietary propellants that increase the velocity ratings 100 to 200 feet per second compared to other popular brands. Because there is no increase in pressure, regardless of the caliber, there is no increase in felt recoil but there IS an increase in efficiency and high speed performance. Plus, SUPERFORMANCE Varmint loads are versatile and will perform flawlessly in all rifles, including semi-autos.
Hornady's NTX bullets were designed around the famous V-Max and feature a polymer tip which enhances accuracy and promotes devastating expansion while remaining a lead-free composition. The tip raises the ballistic coefficient for faster velocity and helps to stabilize the bullet in flight. It also acts as a wedge, initiating bullet expansion. The lead-free core of this bullet is made of proprietary metals and is formed through a unique compression process at Hornady's bullet lab and it is built to withstand the fast twist rates of the most advanced varmint rifles.
The 17 Hornet is based on the 22 Hornet and delivers a trajectory of a traditional 223 Remington 55 grain load with the felt recoil of a 22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire. This 17 caliber round offers less fouling, barrel wear and less powder per shot and lower pressures when compared to the 17 Remington.