Adams Arms AR-15 A3 Competition Evo Mid Length Gas Piston Upper Assembly 5.56x45mm NATO 1 in 8" Twist 16" Fluted Barrel Stainless Steel with 12" Samson Evo Rail, Muzzle Brake
- AR-Stoner Magazine AR-15 223 Remington with Anti Tilt Follower... $13.99 - $18.99 Select Options
- MagPul MOE Enhanced Trigger Guard AR-15 Polymer... $8.50 Select Options
- MagPul MOE Plus Pistol Grip AR-15 Rubber... $22.75 Select Options
- MagPul RVG Rail Vertical Forend Grip AR-15 Polymer... $23.70 Select Options
- Advanced Armament Co (AAC) Rocksett High Temperature Thread... $1.99 Available
- Surefire Magazine AR-15 223 Remington 60-Round Aluminum Matte... $110.00 Available
- Surefire Magazine AR-15 223 Remington 100-Round Aluminum Matte... $139.00 Available
- Troy Industries Rear Flip-Up Battle Sight AR-15 Flat-Top... $121.99 Select Options
- Troy Industries Front Flip-Up Battle Sight HK-Style AR-15... $101.99 - $132.99 Select Options
- Noveske K9 Rail Mount Barricade Support for AR-15 Aluminum... $48.51 Available
- Noveske K9 Rail Mount Barricade Support with Rear Hook for... $58.41 Available
The upper's barrel has been finished inside and out with Adams Arms' proprietary QPQ Melonite treatment that bonds with the metal on a molecular level. Also referred to as salt bath nitriding, this treatment produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, extending a barrel's service life by reducing the friction produced inside the bore upon firing for a net decrease in bore surface wear over time. Nitriding converts the barrel steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore. The end result is a barrel that's capable of producing accuracy on par with a match stainless steel tube, while also exhibiting the longevity and resilience of a chrome lined, mil-spec barrel.
All Adams Arms uppers feature a short stroke gas piston operating system, which prevents hot gas and debris from being directed back into the action upon firing. The result is a rifle that runs cooler, cleaner and more reliably than those utilizing a standard direct gas impingement system of operation. To ensure that damage doesn't occur to the buffer tube from carrier tilt, the bolt carrier is equipped with enlarged "skis" to help guide it into the receiver extension. The bolt carrier's solid steel, 1-piece construction incorporates an integral piston strike face to guarantee integrity over time, while the bolt assembly is spring loaded for proper lock-up and to help reduce bolt bounce and cam pin wear. All piston components are finished in QPQ Melonite for corrosion resistance and easy cleaning/maintenance.
- Upper Receiver: A3 Flat-Top
- Barrel Length: 16"
- Barrel Contour: Medium, Fluted
- Barrel Material: 416 Stainless Steel
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: Matte Gray
- Twist Rate: 1 in 8"
- Chamber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Bolt Carrier: 1-Piece w/Integral Piston Strike Face
- Muzzle Device: Adams Arms Competition Muzzle Brake
- Gas System Length: Mid, Short Stroke Piston Operated
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.750"
- Handguard: 12" Samson Evolution Rail, Free Float
- Sights: None, Single Rail Gas Block
- Weight: 5.58 lbs