Vais Muzzle Brake 1" 223 Caliber 11/16"-24 Thread 1" Outside Diameter x 2" Length Stainless Steel
Notes: These muzzlebreaks usually require the work of a gunsmith for threading and fitting purposes. Please see the below FYI section from the manufacturer.
Q. How much recoil reduction can I expect with a Vais brake?
A. Our Vais brake is very efficient at recoil reduction. Exact percentages for recoil reduction can not be listed for each caliber as it varies depending on bullet weight, barrel length, weight of the rifle and in some cases even the powder used. Recoil reduction of up to 50% is common with the large 7mm and 300 magnums. On rifles such as the 270 and 30-06 recoil reduction of 40% is common. The reason for the difference is the magnums have a much larger muzzle blast and more energy for the brake to work with to reduce recoil. Big bore rifles such as the 375 and 458 are harder to tame down for two reasons. The heavier bullets produce more recoil and the larger bores burn the powder faster. This leaves less muzzle blast for the brake to reduce recoil. Average reduction for these calibers is 30% to 35%.
Q. How does a muzzle brake work?
A. A muzzle brake is designed to capture as much of the energy contained in the muzzle blast as possible. The brake converts some of this energy into a forward thrust which counteracts some of the rifles recoil.
Q. What makes the Vais brake quieter than other brakes?
A. Our Vais brake has eight small holes drilled from the muzzle of the brake. These holes are drilled through all of the cross ports and terminate in a small expansion chamber just ahead of the barrel muzzle. This configuration very effectively vents most of the noise and concussion away from the shooter.
Q. How much velocity will I lose with a muzzle brake installed?
A. No. Velocity is not lost with a brake and in fact the velocity is very slightly increased.
Q. Will my rifle lose any of its accuracy after the brake is installed?
A. No. A brake that is properly made and installed should never hurt the accuracy of a rifle. In many cases we get reports of improved accuracy. Some of this is due to the customer shooting better because of the reduced recoil. Accuracy is sometimes improved because of the way the muzzle brake diverts gases away from the bullet path.
Q. Do you make your brake with threads to fit existing threads on my barrel?
A. Yes. We can match all of the threads used by other muzzle brakes. The brake should be installed by your gunsmith or sent to us for installation to insure proper alignment.
- The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order. Shipping Weight: 0.260 Pounds
- Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges. Ships Alone: No
- Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground. DOT-Regulated: No
- Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods. Carrier Restrictions: No
- Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers. HazMat Product: No
Thank you! Your valuable feedback helps improve our product information and offering.
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.