Lyman Plains Muzzleloading Pistol Unassembled Kit Percussion 9-3/4" Blue Barrel
- European Walnut
- Octagon Blued Chrome Moly barrel
- Blend of classic style with modern technology
Lyman's Plains Pistol recreates the trapper's percussion pistol of the mid-1800's while incorporating the best of modern steels and technology. The richly stained walnut stock complements blackened iron furniture, polished brass trigger guard and ramrod tips. The hooked patent breech takes down quickly and easily for cleaning. The thimble is recessed into the rib and a detachable belt hook provides an alternative to a holster. A spring-loaded trigger and 9-3/4" barrel with a fast 1 in 30" twist make it amazingly accurate.
- Stock needs to be inletted for the barrel, lock assembly, trigger guard and assembly.
- Stock needs to be sanded and finished.
- Barrel needs to be draw filed and finished.
- All the steel fittings require some form of metal finish.
- Detailed instructions are included.
- Kit includes an introductory manual on muzzle loading rifles, pistols and shotguns.
- For use with black powders and black powder substitutes.
- Ignites using a number 11 percussion cap
- Use a .490 round ball with a .015 patch
Barrel Length: 9-3/4"
Twist Rate: 1 in 30"
Overall Length: 14-3/4"
Weight: 3.1 lb
Stock: Unfinished;European walnut
Barrel Finish: Blue
Sights: Fixed Rear Sight; Blade Front Sight
Ignition Type: Percussion
- Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil Gunstock Finish Liquid... $6.99 - $17.99 View More Options
- Butch's Bore Shine Black Powder Bore Cleaning Solvent 8 oz... $8.79
- Birchwood Casey Plum Brown Barrel Finish 5 oz Liquid... $9.99
- Laurel Mountain Barrel Brown and Degreaser 2-1/2 oz Liquid... $9.49
- CVA Powder Horn... $19.99