Bergara Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Heavy Contour 1 in 9" Twist 16" Nitride Finished Chrome Moly Black
- Daniel Defense Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO S2W Contour... $289.00 Available
- Daniel Defense Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Government Contour... $289.00 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Bergara Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO M4 Contour 1 in 9" Twist... $118.26 Closeout Special
- VooDoo Innovations Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Government... $209.00 Available
- Yankee Hill Machine Gas Block Low Profile Set Screw AR-15,... $22.99 Available
- DPMS Bolt Assembly AR-15 Matte... $43.99 Available
- DoubleStar Race Gun Low Profile Extended Gas Block AR-15,... $45.49 Available
- Del-Ton Firing Pin Retaining Pin AR-15 Steel Matte... $1.99 Available
- AR-Stoner Bolt Carrier and Key AR-15 Matte... $49.99 Available
- Badger Ordnance Tactical Charging Handle Latch AR-15, LR-308... $17.29 Available
- DPMS Forward Assist Assembly Round AR-15, LR-308 Matte... $12.49 Available
- DPMS Ejection Port Cover Assembly AR-15 Matte... $6.99 Available
- DPMS Charging Handle Stripped AR-15 Aluminum Matte... $15.49 Available
- Yankee Hill Machine Flash Hider Phantom 5C2 Aggressive ... $28.50 Available
- DPMS Bolt Carrier Assembly Commercial AR-15 223 Remington ... $131.99 - $168.99 Select Options
- Yankee Hill Machine Gas Tube AR-15 Black Plated... $15.90 Select Options
This barrel has been finished inside and out with a protective black nitride treatment that surface-hardens the metal, extending barrel service life by reducing friction in the bore and lessening bore surface wear. The salt bath nitride finishing process deposits an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, making for easier cleaning and maintenance. Nitriding converts the steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered with chrome due to its uneven application inside the barrel's bore.
This 16" AR-15 barrel features a true 5.56x45mm NATO chamber for use with both commercial and military surplus ammunition, while its 1 in 9" twist rifling is capable of stabilizing light to medium weight projectiles of up to about 69 grains. It comes equipped with a heavy carbine profile that is .980" diameter under the handguard and steps down to .744" diameter forward of the gas block. The muzzle is topped off with an 11 degree target crown and 1/2"-28 threading for the addition of a flash hider, muzzle brake or sound suppressor. This barrel is a great choice for shooters that can tolerate a little extra weight out front in return for the increased rate of fire that can be maintained before allowing the rifle time to cool. Barrel is fully chambered and includes a pre-installed barrel extension with M4 feed ramps and locator pin.
- Length: 16"
- Material: 4140 Chrome Moly Steel
- Contour: Heavy Carbine
- Chamber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- Twist Rate: 1 in 9"
- Chrome Lined: No
- Finish: Black Nitride
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Gas Port Location: Carbine
- Exterior Diameter at Gas Port: 0.750"
Shipping Weight: 2.865 PoundsXThe total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
Ships Alone: NoXProduct ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
DOT-Regulated: NoXProduct is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
Carrier Restrictions: NoXProduct is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
HazMat Product: NoXAdditional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.