Bergara Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Heavy Contour 1 in 9" Twist 16" Nitride Finished Chrome Moly Black
- Daniel Defense Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO S2W Contour... $289.00 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Daniel Defense Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Government Contour... $289.00 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Bergara Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO M4 Contour 1 in 9" Twist... $164.99 Available
- VooDoo Innovations Barrel AR-15 5.56x45mm NATO Government... $209.00 Available
- Yankee Hill Machine Gas Block Low Profile Set Screw AR-15,... $22.99 Available
- Lee Universal Depriming and Decapping Die Pin... $2.59 Available
- Yankee Hill Machine Crush Washer AR-15... $1.99 Available
- DPMS Handguard Cap AR-15 .750" Inside Diameter Triangle Black... $3.69 Available
- DPMS Delta Pack AR-15 Matte... $12.29 Available
- DPMS Steel Barrel Nut AR-15 Matte... $7.69 Available
- DPMS Forward Assist Assembly Round AR-15, LR-308 Matte... $12.29 Available
- DPMS Ejection Port Cover Assembly AR-15 Matte... $6.19 Available
- PNW Arms Match Ammunition 300 AAC Blackout 155 Grain Custom... $27.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Ruger BX-25 Magazine Ruger 10/22 22 Long Rifle 25-Round... $21.04 Available
- DPMS Flash Hider A2 1/2"-28 Thread AR-15 Matte... $6.09 Available
- Del-Ton Gas Tube AR-15, LR-308... $12.79 Select Options
This barrel has been finished inside and out with a protective black nitride treatment that surface-hardens the metal, extending barrel service life by reducing friction in the bore and lessening bore surface wear. The salt bath nitride finishing process deposits an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, making for easier cleaning and maintenance. Nitriding converts the steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered with chrome due to its uneven application inside the barrel's bore.
This 16" AR-15 barrel features a true 5.56x45mm NATO chamber for use with both commercial and military surplus ammunition, while its 1 in 9" twist rifling is capable of stabilizing light to medium weight projectiles of up to about 69 grains. It comes equipped with a heavy carbine profile that is .980" diameter under the handguard and steps down to .744" diameter forward of the gas block. The muzzle is topped off with an 11 degree target crown and 1/2"-28 threading for the addition of a flash hider, muzzle brake or sound suppressor. This barrel is a great choice for shooters that can tolerate a little extra weight out front in return for the increased rate of fire that can be maintained before allowing the rifle time to cool. Barrel is fully chambered and includes a pre-installed barrel extension with M4 feed ramps and locator pin.
- Length: 16"
- Material: 4140 Chrome Moly Steel
- Contour: Heavy Carbine
- Chamber: 5.56x45mm NATO
- Twist Rate: 1 in 9"
- Chrome Lined: No
- Finish: Black Nitride
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Gas Port Location: Carbine
- Exterior Diameter at Gas Port: 0.750"