These grips are designed to fit the Round Butt but are full "Square Butt size" grips. They "convert" a small Round Butt to a full size grip. Grips are precision inletted, then hand finished on actual factory frames to assure proper fit. Grips are constructed of the highest quality, kiln-dried hardwood available. Each grip is unique and will vary in color and figure.
Fits: S&W N-Frame Round to Square Butt
Notes on specific grip types:
- Bantam grips are ultra-compact and fit flush with the handgun's frame.
- Cowboy are traditional single action grips. Cowboy grips for Colt single actions are supplied oversize and will require fitting to the gun's grip frame.
- Checkered grips are 20 lines per inch checkering.
- Conversion grips convert a round butt frame to a square butt grip.
- Fancy hardwood grips will be approximately the size of "stock" grips, however particular options will increase the grip size. For example, "with finger grooves" or "with thumbrest" would necessarily make the grip size larger.
Notes on specific materials:
- "Figure" refers to the appearance of the wood's grain.
- Cocobolo is orange to dark with deep figure.
- Goncalo Alves is light with dark figure.
- Kingwood is violet to dark with deep figure.
- Lamo Camo is camouflage laminate.
- Pau Ferro is similar to dark walnut.
- Rosewood Laminate is a deep rose color with dark figure.
- Tulipwood is light red to pink.
- Hogue fancy hardwood grips are select grade walnut and much harder and denser than regular walnut. Specific options, like finger grooves or accent stripes are listed in the product description.