"The Complete Jerky Book" Book by Monte Burch
As more and more self-sufficiency methods rise out of today's waning economy and growing green movement, so does jerky. Jerky is one of the oldest forms of food preservation, and yet these days, a very popular hobby for the hunting enthusiast and a great way of using game meats. Award-winning outdoor writer and photographer Monte Burch brings readers this pocket-sized guide to making one of the most popular, convenient, and protein-enriched foods.The Complete Jerky Book includes everything from how the Native Americans preserved their meat to the foolproof, easy-does-it purchased jerky seasoning mixes and new products of today. Delicious recipes for a wide variety of meats, including venison, turkey, goose, beef, and even fish, are included. This book includes complete instructions on how to prepare jerky the good old-fashioned way as well as how to make it using the latest equipment.
Monte Burch is an award-winning freelance writer, photographer, and author of over seventy-five books and thousands of outdoors and how-to magazine articles. A prolific writer, he sells to markets such as Field & Stream and American Hunter. His books range from building outdoor gear and hunting lodges to hunting turkeys to seasonal patterns for walleye. As a photographer, he has had magazine cover shots on Bassmaster, Sports Afield, and many others. He lives in Humansville, Missouri.
- Type: Paperbook
- Number of Pages: 154
- Language: English
- Publisher: Skyhorse Publishing (July 28, 2010)
- The total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order. Shipping Weight: 0.900 Pounds
- Product ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges. Ships Alone: No
- Product is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground. DOT-Regulated: No
- Product is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods. Carrier Restrictions: No
- Additional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers. HazMat Product: No
Thank you! Your valuable feedback helps improve our product information and offering.