CMMG Barrel AR-15 300 AAC Blackout (7.62x35mm) 1 in 7" Twist 16" Pistol Gas Port WASP Melonite Finished Chrome Moly Matte Pre-Ban
The Chrome Moly Steel Barrel is finished inside and out with CMMG's durable Weapons Armament Surface Protection (WASP) Melonite treatment. The WASP Melonite process surface-hardens the metal, extending barrel service life by reducing friction in the bore and lessening bore surface wear. Also referred to as Salt Bath Nitriding, this treatment produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, making for easier cleaning and maintenance. Nitriding converts the steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore.
- Length: 16"
- Material: Chrome Moly Steel
- Contour: Medium, Stepped
- Chamber: 300 AAC Blckout (7.62x35mm)
- Twist Rate: 1 in 7"
- Chrome Lined: No
- Finish: WASP Melonite / Black Nitride
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 5/8"-24
- Gas Port Location: Pistol
- Exterior Diameter at Gas Port: 0.936"
- Suitable for use with Subsonic loads, either Suppressed or Unsuppressed
- Use of Supersonic loads is NOT recommended with Pistol Gas Port Location
Click Here for Additional Info on Ammo Compatibility with CMMG's 300 Blackout Uppers & Barrels
The statements and opinions expressed within Customer Reviews reflect each author's personal perspective and do not imply endorsement by MidwayUSA, its Employees or any other organization. Customers should in no way infer that MidwayUSA has validated review information as safe, accurate or appropriate.