This barrel includes the patented SwitchBlock adjustable gas block. The Switchblock has three positions: Unsuppressed, Suppressed, and Off. The block's suppressed setting greatly reduces the amount of excess gas, carbon and fouling produced when a silencer is installed at the muzzle, as well as significantly improving reliability. Gas flow adjustments are made by simply depressing the locking plunger and rotating the selector drum to the desired position.
All Noveske match barrels have a medium contour, bead-blasted satin finish, M4 extended feed ramps, and are threaded at the muzzle for the addition of flash hiders, muzzle brakes and/or sound suppressors. This barrel is shipped with a pinned Switchblock gas block, gas tube and barrel extension.
- Length: 12.5"
- Material: 416R Stainless Steel
- Twist Rate: 1 in 7" Polygonal Rifling
- Chamber: 5.56 Match Mod O
- Contour: Medium
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Gas Port Location: Carbine
- Barrel Diameter at Gas Port: 0.750"
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Extras: Switchblock Adjustable Gas Block, Gas Tube
- Weight: 29 oz
- Noveske Match Stainless Barrels use a proprietary 1" long gas block that comes installed from the factory. Standard AR-15 front sight bases (1.9" long) are NOT compatible.
- The SwitchBlock uses a straight gas tube and is NOT compatible with many low profile tubular handguards or quad rail systems. However, a 7" handguard will fit behind the SwitchBlock.
Please Note: An “AR-15 Pistol” barrel is less than 16” in length. Pistol barrels are only for use on AR-15 pistol lowers and legal Short-Barreled Rifles. Other configurations may violate Federal law.