Howell's Old West Conversions Drop-In Conversion Cylinder 44 Caliber Uberti 1858 Remington Steel Frame Black Powder Revolver 45 Colt (Long Colt) 6-Round Blue
- Frankford Arsenal Electronic Caliper 6" Stainless Steel... $24.99 Available
- Caldwell Lead Sled DFT Rifle Shooting Rest... $214.99 Available
- Lee Carbide 3-Die Set 45 Colt (Long Colt)... $28.29 Available
- Lee Carbide Factory Crimp Die 45 Colt (Long Colt), 454 Casull... $18.29 Available
- Score-High Bench Rest Single Shot Follower Remington 7, 600,... $9.99 Available
- Lee Universal Depriming and Decapping Die Pin... $2.49 Available
- Lee 2-Cavity Bullet Mold 450-200-1R (450 Diameter) 200 Grain 1... $19.99 Available
- Lee Bullet Lube and Size Kit 451 Diameter... $18.99 Available
- Lee Bullet Lube and Size Kit 401 Diameter... $16.99 Available
- Traditions Pocket Cleaning Kit 44, 45 Caliber Black Powder... $10.79 Available
- Traditions Black Powder Measure 5 to 45 Grains Brass... $6.99 Available
- Caldwell Pistolero Pistol Shooting Rest... $21.99 Available
The conversion cylinder has a plate at the rear of the cylinder body that contains the firing pins. The plate is removed by lifting it off the cylinder body. There is an indexing pin in the body so that the firing pins align properly with the chambers in the cylinder. Removing the plate allows access to the chambers in the cylinder body. Load the chambers with the specified caliber of ammunition. Replace the plate. Remove the original cylinder from the blackpowder handgun and replace that cylinder with the conversion cylinder. After firing, the conversion cylinder must be removed and the plate lifted off so that the empty brass can be removed with a rod or other suitable object (not included with the cylinder).
Note: This conversion cylinder is for BLACK POWDER cartridges or black powder equivalent cartridges (also called Cowboy Ammunition) with lead bullets on a steel frame revolver ONLY. Attempting to use modern ammunition and/or installation on a brass frame will create a dangerous condition that can result in injury or death. Dry firing with the conversion installed will damage the firing pins.