Gun Guides Takedown Guide "Mauser Rifles 98k, M48 & All Variants" Book
Excerpt from this Guide:
A Brief history of the Mauser K98k and M48
Based on the success of the Mauser Gewehr 98 long rifle (Gew 98), adopted by the German Army in 1898 and used throughout World War I, there was a demand for a shorter version that could be used by cavalry and stormtroop units. The Karabiner 98 Kurz (carbine 98 short) was developed in the 1930's from the standard rifle-length Karabiner 98b and was adopted by Nazi Germany in 1935. This would become the standard rifle for the German army, navy, and airforce until the end of World War II commonly known as the K98k, Kar98, or Mauser 98k.
Over 14 million of these rifles were produced by various manufacturers. However, this number includes versions of the rifle other than the K98k, such as the Czech vz-24.
In 1900, Springfield Armory paid Mauser $200,000 to incorporate the action into the US 1903 Springfield.
From 1950 to 1965, Yugoslavia's Zavodi Crvena Zastava factory (Red Banner Works) manufactured almost an exact clone of the 98k. The Model 1948, has a shorter bolt-action found on the Model 1924 Mauser rifles. The M48 was manufactured with all milled parts. The M48A has a stamped magazine floorplate and trigger guard. The M48B was made with additional stamped parts.
In 1953, the Spanish were manufacturing a slightly modified version, but with a straight bolt handle. CZ and FN also produced new K98k rifles after the war, many of which were assembled from leftover German parts.
With a little research you will quickly find that there are a few dozen other countries that have produced Mauser type rifles. Argentina, Brazil, Czechoslovakia, China, Iran, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Sweden, Turkey, and Venezuela have also benefited from Paul and Wilhelm's Mauser's inventive genius.
The Mauser 98 series rifle is the longest serving combat rifle in history.
Shipping Weight: 0.074 PoundsXThe total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
XProduct ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
XProduct is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
XProduct is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
XAdditional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.
- Lockdown Dehumidifier Rod (Protects 100 Cubic Feet) 110v... $8.50 - $23.99 View More Options
- "British Enfield Rifles, Volume 2: Lee-Enfield Number 4 and... $14.99 Available
- Prvi Partizan Ammunition 303 British 180 Grain Soft Point Box... $17.79 Available
- Forster Trigger Guard Screws Mauser 96, 98 Non-Locking Package... $5.79 Available
- Prvi Partizan Ammunition 303 British 150 Grain Soft Point Box... $17.29 Available
- "The Mauser Bolt Actions: M91 Through M98, A Shop Manual" Book... $34.95 Available
- "British Enfield Rifles, Volume 1 2nd Edition: SMLE (Number 1)... $14.99 Available
- Prvi Partizan Ammunition 303 British 174 Grain Full Metal... $18.79 Available
- "7.92mm Kar 98K Mauser" Handbook... $7.49 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- "Serbian and Yugoslav Mauser Rifles" Book by Branko Bogdanovic... $14.99 Out of Stock, Backorder OK
- Radocy Takedown Guide "Russian M44 Carbine"... $7.99 Special Order