Downrange Shotshell Wads 12 Gauge 2-3/4" DRA (Replaces WAA12SL) 2-3/4" 1 oz Bag of 500
- Fiocchi Shotshell Hulls 12 Gauge 2-3/4" Primed Skived Clear... $14.79 Available
- MEC EZ Fill Funnel... $8.99 Available
- BPI Multi-Hull Shotshell Hulls 12 Gauge 2-3/4" Primed Skived... $14.99 Available
- MEC Shotshell Checker... $14.99 Available
- Fiocchi Primers #209 Shotshell... $24.49 - $119.99 Select Options
Wads are essential for shotshell reloading. They fill extra space in the hull to make sure there is no room for the shot and powder to move around. They also act as a barrier between the powder and shot charges to ensure proper powder ignition, protect the shot from hot gasses and seal gasses behind the shot so that it can be propelled down the barrel. The wad also acts as a dual barrier to protect the barrel from becoming damaged by hard shot and to protect soft shot from becoming deformed by contact with hard barrel steel.