Daniel Defense AR-15 DDM4v7 A3 Flat-Top Upper Assembly 6.8mm Remington SPC II 1 in 11" Twist 18" S2W Barrel Black Nitride Finish with MFR 12.0 Modular Rail Free Float Handguard, Flash Hider
- AR-Stoner Magazine AR-15 6.8mm Remington SPC 25-Round with... $14.99 Available
- Daniel Defense Low Profile Picatinny Rail Cover 6-1/2" Polymer... $26.00 Select Options
- Midwest Industries Rail Mount Sling Adapter Heavy Duty with... $35.95 Available
- PRI Magazine AR-15 6.8mm Remington SPC 25-Round Steel Black... $43.99 Available
The upper's barrel has been finished inside and out with an advanced Salt Bath Nitriding treatment that bonds with the metal on a molecular level. Also referred to as Melonite, this finish produces an extremely hard, slick surface on steel that resists carbon adhesion and increases corrosion resistance, extending a barrel's service life by reducing the friction produced inside the bore upon firing for a net decrease in bore surface wear over time. Nitriding converts the barrel steel's surface without any build-up, retaining all of the benefits of traditional chrome lining without suffering the accuracy degradation commonly encountered due to uneven application of chrome inside the barrel's bore. The end result is a barrel that's capable of producing accuracy on par with a Match Stainless Steel tube, while also exhibiting the longevity and resilience of a Chrome Lined, Mil-Spec barrel.
The DDM4v7 comes equipped with the new Daniel Defense MFR 12.0 Modular Rail Handguard system for adding tactical accessories while also free floating the barrel for increased accuracy potential. With the exception of a full length, uninterrupted top rail surface that accommodates virtually any desired sighting arrangement, the MFR's body is a small diameter modular tube that will accept add-on rail sections only where the shooter needs them for accessories. This allows the handguard to remain snag-free, uncluttered and devoid of unused rail space, making for a more comfortable off-hand point of contact than full-length quad rail designs. The 12" handguard covers a pinned, low profile gas block at the Mid-Length gas port position, offering the dual benefits of a longer sight radius and increased gas dwell time for a softer recoil impulse upon firing. The upper comes complete and ready to shoot with a charging handle assembly, Daniel Defense Flash Hider, and 3 Modular Picatinny Rail Sections.
- Upper Receiver: A4 Flat-Top
- Barrel Length: 18"
- Barrel Contour: Strength to Weight (S2W)
- Barrel Material: 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium, Cold Hammer Forged
- Muzzle Thread Pattern: 5/8"-24
- Chrome Lined: No
- Barrel Finish: Melonite / Black Nitride
- Twist Rate: 1 in 11"
- Chamber: 6.8x43mm SPC II
- M4 Feed Ramps: Yes
- Muzzle Device: Daniel Defense Flash Hider (1.875")
- Gas System Length: Mid
- Gas Block Diameter: 0.750"
- Handguard: MFR 12.0 Modular Rail, Free Float
- Sights: None
- Extras: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block, 3 Modular Rail Sections
- Weight: 5 lbs, 2.0 oz
Please Note: Installation of AR-15 upper assemblies with certain features including, but not limited to: flash hiders, bayonet lugs, and threaded muzzles may violate state and/or local laws.