"M1 Garand 1936 to 1957, 6th Edition" Book by Joe Poyer and Craig Riesch
Reporter, expert commentator, author. Joe Poyer has experience in all three. Once the voice for a History Channel series and Military Affairs Analyst for a Los Angeles TV station, Poyer is best known for writing and co-writing several books on modern military firearms. The most popular are the "Shooter's and Collector's Guide" series. MidwayUSA is pleased to offer some of those books to our customers. Check back for more titles as more and more are published.
Publisher:North Cape Publications
Publication Date: May 2001
Number of pages:70
From the publisher:
The most famous of all American battle rifles, the MI Garand is described on a part by part basis, by serial number range and manufacturer. From the gas trap rifles through the M1C, M1D and MC 1952 Sniper, National Match, Navy 7.62 x 51 mm NATO, British, Danish, and all lend lease rifles, the text and illustrations have been revised and sixteen pages of new information have been added.
This revised and expanded guide to the "greatest battle implement ever" (General George Patton) describes the entire range of MI Garand production in text and quick-scan charts--dimensions, markings, finishes and changes by serial number range--in the manner our customers have come to expect from North Cape Publications. Any Garand can be analyzed in minutes to determine if it is "as manufactured" or to replace parts or rebuild the rifle to return it to its original condition and increase its collector's value. Every part by each of the four manufacturers--pre-World War II, World War II and post-War II--is analyzed and described. The most complete analysis yet of the M1C, M1D and MC 1952 sniper rifles, plus a thorough discussion of their telescopic sights and mounts to pinpoint which is correct for a particular period. The U.S. Navy's 7.62 x 51mm NATO rifles, all British, Danish, and other Lend-Lease M1 Garands are described. A classification structure for National Match Rifles has been devised which permits the collector to first determine whether or not a particular M1 Garand is a National Match rifle, and then to determine when it was assembled.
Shipping Weight: 0.850 PoundsXThe total weight of the product, including the product’s packaging as it sits on our shelf. Since some products ship directly from the Manufacturer, their weight may be unavailable. Because of variations in the manufacturing process, similar products may have differing weights. Unless the product is designated as “Ships Alone”, Shipping Weight does not include the shipping box or packing materials associated with your order.
XProduct ships from MidwayUSA, separate from any other products on your order due to its size. Products that are Shipped Alone incur separate "Per Order" and "Per Pound" shipping charges.
XProduct is regulated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and cannot be shipped via USPS or air shipping methods. DOT-Regulated products must ship UPS Ground.
XProduct is restricted by shipping carriers and cannot be shipped to certain locations or via certain shipping methods.
XAdditional shipping charge for HazMat products. Carriers charge extra to ship packages with products they consider hazardous, such as reloading powder and primers.
- "The AK-47 and AK-74 Kalashnikov Rifles and Their Variations"... $16.99 Available
- Tipton Flip Top Solvent Bottles 4 oz Package of 3... $6.29 Available
- Caldwell Orange Peel Target 3" Self-Adhesive Bullseye (2 Bulls... $9.89 Available
- The Mosin-Nagant Rifle, 6th Edition Book by Terence W. Lapin... $17.49 Available
- "The Gunsmith Machinist - Third Edition" Book by Steve Acker... $23.55 Available
- Butler Creek Rifle Scope Cover Bikini Style... $8.99 Available
- "The Gunsmith Machinist Book Two" Book by Steve Acker... $34.99 Available
- Otis Pro-Taper Rifle Chamber Brush AR-15 8 x 32 Thread... $5.69 Available
- "The .45-70 Springfield, 5th Edition" Book by Joe Poyer and... $20.99 Available
- "The Swedish Mauser Rifles" Book by Steve Kehaya and Joe Poyer... $17.49 Available
- Lyman Max Cartridge Gage 40 S&W... $15.79 Available
- Lyman Max Cartridge Gage 45 ACP... $15.79 Available